panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-23

My First Tour and some problems

Hi guys, I've been using tourweaver for 4 hours and have made this tour for ur perusal. I have a number of queries that I need sorted soonest.

Link

1: How can I change the colour of the letters in the slide show at the bottom of the tour?

2: Can I change a skin once a tour has been made?

3: How on earth do I get back from a still image to a spherical image?????

4: The first image will not slow down it's spinning speed when initally launched. I've tried to change this but to no avail. when I go back to the image the image will be at the setting I require. Is this a bug?

5: matter of interest, does only the first image of the tour actually load and then each following image is then loaded when required or is there some sort of progressive... "u need all the pictures in the tour before it starts" issue set up here?

Each pano is of approx 200-220 kb for picture quality.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-23

Hi phoenix,

Tour looks good.

1.  In the Skins tab, there's a color setting on the right fields where you enter the text.

2.  Not that I know of.  If you want to completely change the skin or assign a new one, then you'd have to start from scratch. 

3.  You can interleave stills and panos.  You can do that in the Tour Path tab. Make sure that you create a new one and make it the default or else the system will use the default "Slideshow" tour. 

4.  You can adjust the spin speed of any pano by shortening or lengthening the time the image is shown (e.g., scene set to 5 secs spins faster than if it was set to 10secs).  Adjust it as necessary.

5.  From what I've noticed, the tour appears to load all the files before the tour starts.  At times though, the first image will appear but not start spinning until all the files are loaded.  Same with the music.  Sometimes there's a lag of a few seconds after the tour has started before you'd hear it.

Thanks,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-23

Hi eagle, nice to c somebody else up at 3am.

I've fiddled somewhat more.

1. found it... thx.

2. I've discovered that u can change the skin of the tour or even of existing tour at any time. Just go to skin tab and the click File and import skin. Choose the skin u want and apart from having to maybe add a missing map or logo on the new skin... well apart from that all the hotsopts and properties of the tours stay. so heh presto... the same tour in a new coat... pretty cool that.

3. I don't quite understand what ur saying to me there eagle.... I don't know where the tour path tab is nor do i know what it is i'm making new. All I want to do is to be able to come back to a spherical image after I've clicked onto a still. I've discovered that I can add a hotspot to the still to return to the pano, but would have been happier with a return button on the controlbar. However, I can add a url onto a still which is quite useful if u want to add other stuff.

4. Oh I see what u mean... Still, this seems to negate the whole point of being able to adjust scene spinning speed in the scene edit tab.

5. tourweaver will be pretty much useless for general use if I have to wait for the whole tour to load before anything happens. The tour I've shown weighs in at a total of around 2MB. TW.jar alone has 140 kb, the a number of thumbnails, 6 panos at around 200-260 kb each and 6 stills. I mean it's cool to load the first image, website and even 140kb tw.jar... but if all the images need to load.... well then I might as well not continue as over 90% of the european market does not own broadband. EASYPANO: Any info on this matter?????

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-23

Hi phoenix,

3.In Tourweaver Skin>Tourbutton, you can add a "backward" in toolbar, which enables you to return to the spherical image after you've clicked onto a still image. It is just like the "back" button in IE.

5. Not the whole tour, but only skin, twviewer.jar,thumbnails and the first image have to load for the virtual tour to start, other panoramas and still images will load when the first image is displayed. So you can set a smaller image as the first one, the loading speed would be faster.

--------------------------

Easypano support

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

Thanks Carol,

I'll have a look into the back button issue.

Also thanks for the info on download. HHmmm... So do the other images of the tour load progressivly into the cache or is each image activated and loaded when clicked upon?