panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

Tour loading issues

Hi All. You may remember I was struggling to get the tour to load in a pop up window WITHOUT having top paste tons of Javascript on the clients website. I stumbled across the solution when evaluating PTViewer (I'll tell you why now). Try pasting this in the Tour web page:

</head>
<script language="javascript">

<!--

if (window.moveTo) self.moveTo(screen.width/2-210,screen.height/2-250);
if (window.resizeTo) self.resizeTo(510,400);

//-->

</script>
<body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0" bottomMargin="0">

<applet

The (510,400); is the size of the pop up window you want.

This solution negates the need to have your client paste Javascript in the header section and only the "onClick=javascript:window.open" script in the Body.

Nice and simple.

I have been having a number of complaints about tours not opening. I know that the viewer is quite large compared to most of the others out there but this should not stop it loading. Apparently many browsers don't like .jar files and therefore solution likes PTviewer include a .class along with the .jar file. This viewer is massively reliable although is not user friendly like Tourweaver. Anyone have any ideas.

Tourweaver developers: Please include nested maps in the next release so that we can display multiple floors without ing to reduce he map to the size of a pea or having massive scrolling frame/windows. I trust they read this stuff.

Cheers

Mike.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

I also have had a few issues with tours not opening. One issue is apparently the fact that some fonts won't run on Sun jvm. Hhmmmm. But now that u mention the .class file....

Easypano... any reason not to offer both files???

Oh yes.... the nested maps element is great.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

Rob,

I downloaded your tour earlier and I cannot find your issue?

Maybe because I'm using Microsoft JVM "ATM" when tested so far?

I uploaded to test here

I will switch to Sun and see what happens.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

Yup your right!

It dies a miserable death with Sun Java.

Definitely a bug that needs sorting.

I'm switching back to Microsoft JVM

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

Thanks Smoothie...

well... that needs to be sorted... for sure. I surprised that our friends at Easypano didn't let us know this "minor" font issue. Easypano... go on... sort it out. U've got us helpful and willing test users who are helping u make a good product better. This piece of info will ensure that many more users will be happy with the product and won't waste time (like me) having to rebuild the tour. (Though to be fair, the support team did point out that I should avoid files in German as TW ain't that good at translating. Particularly wit those odd extra letters us German have. Therefore a big THANKYOU to the team for a quick response and a now succesfully published tour.) 

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-07-13

Robbie,

I agree, and now it has been pointed out this issue should receive the attention it deserves. You must have been scratching for hours......

Regards, Smooth