panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-27

I'm sorry but I've been in the software industry for many years and conflicts between java applets are bugs and are not acceptable. However as easypano just seem to be writing java scripters they can't take all the blame.

In my opinion the software seems very amatuerly constructed and every colleague I have shown the package to who has a background in software engineering has thoroughly agreed.

As for discovering this during trial. My profession is software coding, not testing. I have neither the time nor the inclination to check through every possible scenario with a new application. That is the job of easypano and should be done at the beta stage.

Why would I want two applets in the same page? Why not? Just because you don't want to do such doesn't mean I don't. Want to see how I am to be using the tours? www.virtual-almeria.com

As for what application I am going to use. 3DVista. With 3DVista panos can be imported into flash ... wow, with flash the possibilities are endless. Their stitcher seems technically more competent too. Panos that don't engineer well in panoweaver are no problem for 3Dvista. To be honest, the only nice feature on TW is the scanning radar. Everything else can be done simply with HTML

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-27
sorry...didnt realize conflicts were bugs too..shows what I know...going back to my nap now
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-27
I suppose you learn something new everyday
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

Yup, fair enough.

I would lose the small applet or break the page into frames or an iframe to combat that issue.

As for 3DVista I also use this program, I would suggest very highly that you put it though it "Trial Test" before purchase or I'll be reading similar comments elsewhere...

As for the 2D Cylindrical flash output WOW that will impress!

My biggest suggestion though is that, if you are a coder and think this is simple stuff! Please write a program that works better then what is on the market now. You would make a small fortune and wouldn't have to worry about your offerings in Spain.

I hear where you are coming from, but I been around awhile and I haven't seen a better offering. So please take up the challenge and relieve me of my cash.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

Hi Smooth.

I have already been in contact with several business colleagues to discuss the viability of such a project. I for one would be interested in putting together a team simply because the project sounds an interesting one, however, I'm not much in favour of rejoining the "Rat Race".

I left the UK to enjoy a more laid back lifestyle, however I do have a tendency to gravitate towards a challenge. I could start an open source project, which is closer to my heart but you wouldn't thank me for that.

I have even thought about writing an online scripter to generate and publish your tours online. This maybe an interesting project. (free of course)

I will let you know what decisions are made.

To date I have been far more impressed with 3DVista.

As for your comments about negativity I fully agree. However, if easypano are producing substandard products (which I believe they are) then they need market pressure to either a) bring their product up to market quality, or b) lower the price to one that reflects the quality. The market drives the price and for all to be fair people should know what they are buying. Hopefully my comments will restore some balance to a very one sided forum.

I think the thing that angers me the most is that I paid for a professional package and TW definately smacks of a piece of software produced by a first year undergraduate in computer science.

Best wishes ... Fizz

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

thanks for the balance..I knew something was missing...You also own the title for the only member to ever make reference to bugs and rats in the same topic...Congrats!

well..its nap time...best wishes to you as well

zjoker

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

And yet another bug ....

The position of the progress bar and selected image in the skin design environment bare no resemblence to their published positions. Also various fields in the behaviours selection cannot be entered Anyone offering an explanation for why the ptviewer applet causes the page to be read twice. Its playing havoc with my site, entering data into my SQL database twice.

Anyone noticed how the software looks uncannilly like the Boreland C++ getting started demos?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

And the pause button doesn't work again

Totally new site, single pano only

http://www.la-casa-feliz.com/fulltour.html

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

and a few more for good measure

1)bring to front send to back feature doesn't work on all elements even though they allow you to select their position and shows the selected position in the design environment.
2)Converted a wav to au. Plays in preview doesn't play when published
3) when loading a new file, dialogue box says file hasn't been saved even when it has
4) while editing tour path key frames change associated scenes when editing within the path.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

Just to shed a little light on the play/pause issue

TW seems to keep twviewer open not allowing it to be overwritten.

Two questions spring to mind.

1) why isn't the TW  file write class not returning False when the file fails to be overwritten? (my guess is that it probably is but there are no error routines in TW)

2) Why does twviewer need to be overwritten for my tour to work? Java classes should be static only the config/params and dependent files should be dynamic. I suspect that the problem lies in the fact that my original project was produced in TW1.2 and I am now using 1.25. I suspect easypano have made changes to twviewer and not had the forsight to mention this or rename it

Money back please?