panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28
tell us more about your "more laid back lifestyle".....
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-28

Hi fizzwizz,

Sorry you are having so many problems with TW.

Looking at the Easypano refund policy below, you probably won't get a refund.

---------------

Refund Policy

Please download, install, and use the tiral versions of our softwares before ordering and purchasing. Help is always available through our Technical Support Team if you encounter any difficulties or have any questions. You may obtain FREE Email support by sending your requests to our Technical Support Team or directly to support@easypano.com. All orders can be cancelled prior to program registration only, no fees applicable.

Note: After software License Keys are issued, we regret that we are unable to issue refunds.

--------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else here experiencing the same or similar problems as fizzwizz?  If not, perhaps we all can help track down what's causing all the problems fizzwizz is having.

r,
eagle

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-07-29

*Yawn*

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-29

That and combined with the fact China is beyond the reach of our legal system I am pretty sure I won't get my money back.

Hmm, however. I paid by credit card and though it may take a while I can "clawback". Clawback is subject to western law.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-29

Yet another. V1.25 doesn't seem to support document path text links, yet did in V1.2

Thanks for breaking my tempate!

Money back please?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-29
OH GREAT...now my back is hurting..DAMN YOU TOURWEAVER!!!!!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-30
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzwizz on July-29-2004

Yet another. V1.25 doesn't seem to support document path text links, yet did in V1.2...

Just asking... what are "document path text links"?

- Hans

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-31

Thanks Fizzwizz for his testing. It is sure that TW has some bugs. But I have some suggestion that can help users to prevent some problem.

1 "Play/Pause button does not work."
TW1.25 is much different from 1.20. The most possible reason is that users does not replace the old 1.20 twviewer.jar with the 1.25 one.

2 "why isn't the TW file write class not returning False when the file fails to be overwritten?"
In fact, tourweaver is made with vc++(not viewer "twviewer.jar", it is java applet), and it always try to overwrite the file of the same name, although the dest. file is readonly or hidden when publishing. If it can work locally but not at web, It is worth doing that check whether users' uploading software overwrite the file at server. If using ftp function of tw, It will report a error when the file can not be uploaded (Overwrite).

3 Why does twviewer need to be overwritten for my tour to work?
Like flash, when the function inproved, the viewer must be upgrade to support the new function. Of course, it is the developer's duty to guarantee the old function invariably.

4 Scene Link button does not work.
Because the panorama file is downloaded at background ,and when users click Scene Link button, the file does not be downloaded completly. It will be validate when the file downloaded.

5 au file can be played locally, but not at web
It often occured at sun jvm. Because the sound file is always so big, it work the dowloading time so long. Developer do not put the downloading to the main thread but a sound downloading thread, and when it is downloaded completly, it will be played.(Otherwise, it will block progress) But in ms jvm, two of the thread are synchronized by system. So there is a different action here among different vm.

6 ptviewer refresh web page twice. I anti-compiled ptviewer class, and did not found any code to do this thing. Usually, it is only method to refresh web page for java applet that applet invoke javascript. But there is no such code. So why? This must be researched continually. Maybe research the jvm behavior. And I browse the link http://www.virtual-almeria.com/, no problem is found.

7 document path text links
I don't know what this is. A clear description for a question is helpful to solve it.

Last, I think there is long way to run for easypano, for example, au, border, animation gif, layout, non-english letter, and so on, many many bugs and uncomfortable design. And hope all of people of the developping team of easypano to to overcome all kinds of difficulty to develop better software.

Easypano Observer
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-31

My personal opinion is that due to the long list of issues TW should still be in beta status. However, I would feel more confident in easypano if an open bug tracking solution was in place so that issues can be recognised by the easypano team and acknowledged.

As for testing Virtual Almeria, I have worked around most of the bugs with the exception of pages being called twice. This is a major issue as I use cookie tracking in headers and also write logs to a SQL database. Calling the page twice also uses twice the amount of resources which could become a financial issue. I would like to find the cause behind this one. Perhaps you could give it a try. This occurs with PTViewer. Create a page with a counter and watch it doulbe count. (my functions are called fom the headers so it is entirely posible ptviewer is just reading the headers twice. if I get time I will test this)

The inability to overwrite the file occurrs locally and not remotely. Why the file was not overwritten locally is a mystery, but even more so is that there is no error notification when the file write returns false. It is my guess that TW does not overwrite the TWViewer jar as it is usually a static file. This is usually no problem except when the file is a deprecated version or when it is corrupt. In these cases it should be overwritten. I suggest, if this is the issue, that twviewer should always be overwritten, perhaps deleted first then written in the publish routine.

As for TW being written in VC++, that is obvious ... it looks like the demo/getting started examples. This does not inspire confidence. If TW is to be taken seriously by me as a professional package some work on corporate aesthetics is needed so that it looks like it has been produced by a software team and not a bedroom coder.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-07-31

Quote: Originally posted by hlehtine on July-30-2004

Just asking... what are "document path text links"?

- Hans

Document path links are where you create a hyperlink using the path from the document. eg index.php rather than the complete url eg http://www.virtual-almeria.com/index.php