panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-05

Need Help!!

Hi everyone,

I have been shooting Virtual tours for the last 5 years but have never been involved in the stitching or posting of them. I have a chance to to become the staff photographer for one of the best real estate companies in town but I need to be able to get the tour ready for their webmaster, they will take care of the posting.I downloaded the Tourweaver demo but I don't seem to be able to do anything with my images. I have a Nikon 4500 and Nikon Fisheye and wide angle lens and when I take the 2 shots that would make the 360 it doesn't seem to do anything as far as show one shot that is still round and doesn't combine the 2nd shot with the first. Is this demo capable of using my images to stitch and publish so I can evaluate this software or is it just to look at the sample tours it has. Any advise would greatly be appreciated. With all the post on here about bugs and problems and the no refund policy I need to be sure this will work.  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-05

Hi,

You need to stitch the 2 images first with Panoweaver.  Once they are stitched together, then you can use that stitched image in Tourweaver.

r,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-05

Hi,

At first, Tourweaver is not a panorama stitching software. Panoweaver is. In your case, all you need is to download Panoweaver. Import your fisheye images into Panoweaver and stitch them into 360 panoramas. Those single panorama can be hosted on website directly.

Only if you want to combine all your stitched panoramas together to form a more colorful virtual tour, you need to bother with Tourweaver, then.

Hope it helps

Neo

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-07
Thanks eagle and Neo X!!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01
Hi rounshot,
You may like to look at www.panoramafactory.com

Their panorama stitching program is my choice so far. Cheap too...

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Moviemaker,

Panorama Factory software is NOT a Virtual Tour making software. It stitches images and does NOT support fisheye images.

If you wish to stitch with Easypano products you use Panoweaver this way you can create full "Spherical" 360° x 360° panoramas. Where you can see in "any" direction up - down - around.

Panorama Factory outputs only "Neck Brace" Cylindrical panorama's only. You can't see up or down.

To be fair you are not comparing apples with apples here. More like a King's feast to sour grapes.

People shouldn't "bag" a product because they don't understand it unless they have a better replacement for it. (that compares!)

Panoweaver does an excellent Job in stitching "Fisheye" images. Tourweaver does a pretty good job at displaying them. But what Panorama Factory software does is not even close to the same league! This is not a reflection on Panorama Factory it is not a Fisheye stitcher and nor does it display panorama virtual tours. It stitches standard camera shot images and makes a "neck brace" panorama quite well. Just like Photo Vista and a thousand others just like them.

Regards, Smooth