panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-14

BEWARE USERS! Negative comments removed

easypano, in typical easypano style, have removed posts from this forum that show their products in poor light. A forum is a community of opinions both positive and negative. Removing posts is a form of censorship and presents a distorted view to the Internet community.

I have no choice but to re-open a public forum where this software can be reviewed and discussed impartially along with other software.

I will re-post later for anyone interested in knowing the URL

Best wishes ... Fizz

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-14

PLEASE STOP MAN....

Phufffffff  !  !  !  !

..............................................................................................................................................

Home is where your hard disk is ;)

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-17
yawn
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18

Easypano would like to listen to any voice from users, of course including negative comments, which we know clearly are important for our further development.

We respect and appreciate any of your opinions.However the forum is a community of discussion and communication, but not a place for quarrelling. So we deleted the post according to a client's request. We have contacted Fizzwizz for this issue. We never mean to offend anyone. You are always welcome to post on Easypano forum.

Thank you for your long-term support!

----------------------

Easypano

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18
Carol,
Your post and position are appreciated. I agree that a fourm is not the place for quarreling. However, when support emails are not reponded to and you have an issue that needs to be resloved, people will get deperate and resort to any mode to get a response. Forums always seem to have "powerusers" that assume the self appointed role of determining what is allowed and what is not. When using a support forum for resolution, often you will be ciritcized for asking a "stupid" question or told to do a serach for the answer. The question would not be asked if the answer could be found.

If users feel imtimiated when reporting problems in a forum, then the problem may never be addressed. I once used a browesr product that created havioc with my computer. I reported it and was told it was my problem by a member because no one else had reported the problem. Shortly after that, hundreds reported the same thing and had kept quiet because of the attitude of the forum regualr users.

From reading Fizzwizz's postes, one can sense the fustration and disappointment he was having. Instead of attacking him, the knowledgable resourses of this forum should have banded together and helped him find an answer from the beginning. Instead he was met with sharp , insulting comments which probably would not have been made if he could have gotten the advise and support he needed. If he was responsible for creating the issues by using the program improperly, then positive help pointing out his mistakes and offerning assistance would have gone a long way.

Your product is expensive in realtion to other products that do the same thing. The choice of using Easypono or something else is direclty proportionalbe to produt functionality and the support available.

If all software was bug free when released, there would be no need for support. No program is bug free and never will be. However, when there is a problem, and weather a solution is available or not, acknowledgment of the issue by the author to the customer will do more good than any one thing that can be done.

Trial programs are great and serve their purpose to determine if a program will do what you want. But not all possibilities I want to do may be done prior to purchase. Some manner of support MUST be readily available to assist me when I try something and can't get it to work.

On removing FizsWizz's post on the basis of another client's request is not acceptable. What right has anyone to say what I can say and what I can't. If you don't agree with the content, fine, don't read it or comment on it. If you agreeded to remove the post, you should also publlish who it was that requested the removal and why.

FizzWizz was not asking anthing but help and did not get it.
Goody

"Enjoy What Is, Before What Is, Isn't"
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18

Goody,

Thank you for your post. I appologize for the ill-considered manner of removing Fizzwizz's post. I would like to express our regret to Fizzwizz as well.

Easypano never gives up improving the products, although we know they are not satisfactory enough. We will try our best to improve our products as well as service and meet your requirements. Besides, we will ask the developers to come here and provide users more assistance in the future.I promise such behavior would never happen again in Easypano forum.

Your opinion is appreciated.

---------------

Easypano 

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18

Goody,

No forum will keep all the posts for ever. Generally they delete the old ones to make room for the new. It seems to me, better to delete those useless one rather than those useful, but older one. People may quote those old 'technical desicussion' posts for reference from time to time. But what can we get from that deleted post, technically?

If you've read all that thread, you'll find it's totally a debate and argument without a conclusion. It helps no body, make no sense and will get no where, excepct breaking the harmony of this forum. I'd like to say this forum is one of the most harmonious forum I've ever seen, untill the post of Mr FizziWizz. Most people here are warm hearted and eager to share, to help each other. And I believe that's the way to promote our VR industry. Nobody is willing to waste time debating or arguing in vain. Right? But that thread broke this harmomious atmosphere and get us to no where.

I can understand Mr FizzWizz quite well and I may be the same if I was in his shoe. But that don't mean that's the right way to solve his problem. Actually, most things people did in wrath may be wrong. What if  Mr FizzWizz didn't just come here and call TW 'a Junk', but asked people here to help him? I believe nobody will argue back him. Then nothing will happen. We can save our time and energy to help more people, solve more questions, or make more money.

I say, everyone, why don't we just forget that unhappy topic and get down to our own business?

Just my 2 cents.

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Don't pass the blame for a non harmonious forum to me. The negative comments posted were a direct reflection of the quality of the software and the price paid. Your comments suggest nobody here should review TW in poor light lest they disrupt the harmony of the forum.

Harmony is a balance of positive and negative and harmonious is not a term I would use to describe this forum! My comments were restoring balance and harmony to this forum. I'm surprised you used the term harmony erroneously, it is the Chinese who taught the west the concept of Yin-Yan. It is people here that just want all positive comments with out negative ones whom are a threat to its harmony, not I.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

OK, OK, Fine. Mr Jack-of-all-trade. Just forgive me to bring you in. I'm sorry. I do apologize and...I surrender. Hands up

I can spend weeks or even longer discussing Yin-Yan with you, both in English and Chinese. Just don't have time and energy. Sorry. So I'll keep silece. Good luck.

----------------
There are 11 kinds of people in this world.
Those who stand for Yin, those who stand for Yan, and those who don't know Yin & Yan. 

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
Neo X,
You have some good points about the fourm, I have had some very valuable input from forum members, concerning equipment and methods. Some have taken the time to converse with me via email which has been very much appreciated. However, snide remarks and name calling do no one any good. I'm not all that knowledgable with Yin-Yan but I do know that treating others as you would want to be treated works well for me.

I would suggest that someone from Easypano contact FizzWizz and help him reslove his issues....and let this thread die a positive death.

Carol,
As Moderator, I would respectfully suggest the following to you:

1. Create a "Troubleshooting" fourm here where users can post "issues" with both TW and PW. This way issues can be posted and supportted in the proper mode. Users can post issues and concerns without fear of being riddicled. Issues need to be posted in a courtious and respectful way and expect a prompt and effective response.

2. Create a " BUG Tracking" Forum here moderated by Easypano that lists each valid reported issue (bug) and the status of resolution by Easypano. Assign a tracking number to each "issue" so that users and Easypano can report on progress by tracking number and users would not dulicate a "bug" report on something that is already being worked on.

3. Create a Forum(if not alread available) where users can post links to tours they have done. We can see how inovative others are and provide an incentive to produce better tour techniques in our own tours by using the posted tours as working examples.

In my opinion, having these groups will leave the general forum free for creative and positive posts that we all can benifit from.

I still have not made a decision on what stitiching and tour software I will use, and in no way consider myself very knowledgable on TW or PW but I am learning(wth the help of users in this fourm). Having the knowledge that I will be supported by a first class user group and a fair and responsive vendor will go a long way in helping me make my decision.

I look forward to your comments, both Neo X and Carol.
Goody

"Enjoy What Is, Before What Is, Isn't"
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
Quote: Originally posted by Goody on August-19-2004
I would suggest that someone from Easypano contact FizzWizz and help him reslove his issues....and let this thread die a positive death.

Given that the errors I am complaining of are flaws and programming errors, not user problems, the best course would be for easypano to return my money.

I don't care how many times I am attacked for standing up for my rights by the users of this forum, the truth is I paid $1,000 for what I believe is Kiddy Script packaged as a professional product. 

If easypano aren't rip off merchants then they will return my money, somehow I don't think they are interested in this. All they want is your money!

easypano: Why don't you do the honorable thing and return my money?

... Fizzwizz