panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18

Tutorials available?

Hi all

I'm just looking at TourWeaver for the first time and while I try to piece together my first tour, the questions are already mounting.  The supplied PDF of the manual leaves alot to be desired...can anyone suggest any other useful links or tutorials for a newbie?

Also, while I'm here, I've 2 quick questions.

1. Is it possible to set the background color to 'transparent' on the 'thumbnail tray' or loose the border on the map?

2. Is there no 'undo' button in the TourWeaver UI?

Thanks in advance!

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18

Hi Steiner,

I am afraid we don't have a tutorial for you now. We are planning to create a detailed tutorial for Tourweaver next edition. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For your questions:

1. It's impossible to set the background color to transparent on the "thumbnail tray" or loose the map border in Tourweaver 1.25. However, in next edition of Tourweaver, map border can be canceled.

2. There is no "undo" feature in current Tourweaver, which we know is not so convenient for users. In next version, this feature will be surely added.

-----------------------------

Easypano support

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-18
I'm looking for the tutorial, too. Will anybody here let us know how you became an expert of TW from a newbie? Manual, tutorial, or self-taught?
TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
Quote: Originally posted by carol on August-18-2004

For your questions:

1. It's impossible to set the background color to transparent on the "thumbnail tray" or loose the map border in Tourweaver 1.25. However, in next edition of Tourweaver, map border can be canceled. -----------------------------

Hi Carol

Thanks for the feedback...it helps to know what can and can't be done (or else I'll just put it down to my own stupidity)

Good news about the map border...will you be able to set the thumnail background to transparent as well?

Thanks again

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
To be fair, the pdf docs ain't great. However it ain't rocket science... I'll try and typ up a tutorial/workflow in the next few days (time permitting) however, I find that as in PW, preperation is king. Then the workflow is fairly straight forward.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Hi Pheonix

I've just posted a link to my first tour on this board.  You're right...it's not rocket science.  It needs improving but it works for me.

Cheers, Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-20

Hi neo x,

I'm self taught not an expert but just like use of any other software, you gain proficiency in something that you develop a process that makes using it easier and/or more efficient.  In other words, you establish a routine that makes it simpler along with finding little things that helps you avoid pitfalls or mistakes that can negatively impact completion of the project.

r,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-08

Greetings All,

I'm a "newbie" ... I realize this is a very old thread ... but was wondering if there are any good tutorials or online tutorials for Tourweaver available?

I need to "get up to speed" rather quickly and the docs are still a bit confusing on how to get started ... especially if ya don't know where to start!

-Mike
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-08
I am still using TW 1.3 and therefore can not correctly answer your questions. I can however point you in the right direction....the following link may not offer video? but it will get you one on one with one of the worlds premier vt producers.

Smooth Can Help !

In a short time he will be able to show you around the TW interface, get your work flow flowing smoothly..... basically any question you can think of about how to create a vt, he can answer.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-09

Pixelator - Thanks!

Smooth - if you're "listening" ... check your Private Messages please!

-Mike
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-04-09

Always listening, watching and monitoring.

Message replied too.

Thanks Pixel for your recommendation.

Regards, Smooth