panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

My first tour - feedback appreciated

Hi all

I've completed a trial tour and it's visible on my website.  Please visit:

http://www.condottiero.com  -  go to 'Photos' and scroll down to the icon at the bottom of the page.

Yes, the software needs some improvements but overall I'm really impressed.  I created this UI in about 1.5 days while it would've taken me about a week to do something similar in the past...well done EasyPano.

For my 2 Cents, my suggestions to the developers at EasyPano would be:

1. Allow antialiasing of Scene Description text and the ability to use grahics as titles

2. Allow transparency in the background of the slide tray.

3. Introduce the ability to easily swap/change the graphic file used while in the 'Map' page.  At the moment I need to delete it and loose any work carried out on hotspots (but I may be missing something).

4. As already mentioned - introduce 'undo' functionality.

Anyway, for what it's worth.  I'm happy!

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Hi Steiner,

I hope I didn't sound rude when I said it ain't rocket science... but if a dimwit like me can work it out... hahaha

Well done on the tour. It's very good. Everything works and the design is fresh and quite classy. I very much like the loading background skin. I didn't realise that we could do that. I suppose that u jsut load the base skin as ur image loading... This I'll have to try. I'm also impressed with the idea of translucent buttons... I have not thought of this either and am just opening PS to have a go at semi transparent gifs.

Only thing I'd add are some hotspots on the panorams... (but only because I like them) Oh yes I've had a couple of customers not realise that the thumbnail slidebar was a slide bar... therefore I tend to add a slide bar image/arrow (You can do this in skin: hor/ver slide bar button)

Oh yes... I liked ur 2 cents worth... I've not discovered a way to load a new map without losing all the work. Maybe Easypano would let us load the map in the skin page and then automatically transfer the image to the map page. Thus a change of map may be less of an issue.

At the end of the day you'll find that preperation is everything. I've managed to make 5 tours today. Yesterday I did the prep work... ie resize images, some stiching (Though most had already been done), map and skin work, texts, stills... You'll find that you'll be able to at least halve the time it took you to make this tour once you've done a few more.

PS nice CV

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Hi Pheonix

Not at all - I knew hwere u were coming from.  Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad my UI didn't crash your computer.    Re. the transparent images, they're not actually, simply different slices taken with different layers visible in Photoshop.  Sadly, TourWeaver doesn't allow import of PNG graphics (which PanoWeaver does oddly enough). 

I'll have a look at this arrow business in the slide tray.  Yes...users can be disturbingly thick at times so it's often useful to avoid too much subtlety.  :)

The only way I found to change a map without loosing programmed map hotspots is to change the file name of the original map file, save the new image as the original file name, shut down TourWeaver, restart it and presto...it sees the new file and no loss of info.  If the new image has changed in scale, you then need to go to the 'Skin' view and manually update the width and height figures.  It works...but it's a ludicrous series of extra steps.  I really hope - as has been suggested - that we are given some sort of compensation when a serious update is developed.  This goes beyond normal development tweeks.

Cheers

Steiner 

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on the CV...recently made redundant so compliments always help to sooth the bruised ego.

P.S.S. 5 tours in a day??  You da man! 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
I have 29 hour days... chortle.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Back in blighty next week... need to see the girlie and do some pano work in the big smoke... yippeee overpriced evrything and lots of bad air.... whhoooppeee.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy. I used to be an evil city broker until I lost my job a number of years ago... boo hoo... goodbye paid lunches... (I wish).

PS: slices??? I have German PS... so sometimes I'm not sure what some of the phrases mean.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

He, he...yup...overpriced and under served as usual.  What I meant re. slices is I create (as u probably do) 3 stages for a button, up, over, and down.  I simply have one of those states visible in PS at any one time and crop and save those states.  As there's 6 buttons I end up with 18 cropped 'slices'.  Sorry, industry speak I suppose.

I had a look but can't find that slider image asset.  What's the exact location?

Re. the load screen...I just discovered a built in solution (I had hand coded it before to achieve that effect with the load screen).  To alter the loading bar and splash screen within TourWeaver, go to:

Skin/Properties/Skin (in the right drop down menu) and look at the bottom choice 'Behavior/Waiting Image' 

Here you are able to change not only the color of the load bar but also it's position (as well of course as the background image).  I wish I'd found this before! 

Hey EasyPano...do u wanna pay me to do some 'Robo Demos' for your applications??? 

Cheers

Steiner

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-08-20

Tony,

Very nice, great to see your work and the Tourweaver job as Rob says has a classy look to it.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-20

Hi Steiner,

Changing slidebar properties:

When u import a skin or click on the imported skin, you'll see on the right handside vscrollbar and hscrollbar. Here you can change the colour of ur scrollbar and add an image. (bar image, mouseover, mousedown) Go to Programms/easypano/images/bar1,2,3 and you'll find three bar images. Use these or use as template for size and make ur own.

Slices:

Oh OK... cause I know what they mean.... didn't know the term... Duuuuhhhh.... However, I was refering to the fact that they were semi translucent.... I have yet to try that... and willl. You see I quite like putting buttons into the viewer. This will make even more sense when they're semitranslucent.

Waiting image:

Yeah I knew we could change the waiting image... but I kinda thought that we were limited on the size of it... now I know better.

Anyhow... nice to see you on the forum. Cheers Rob

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-20
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-20-2004

Tony,

Very nice, great to see your work and the Tourweaver job as Rob says has a classy look to it.

Regards, Smooth

Cheers Smooth...at least this side of my self dev was achieved without any negative incidents!     Now I just need to find paying customers interested in this stuff.  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-20
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on August-20-2004

When u import a skin or click on the imported skin, you'll see on the right handside vscrollbar and hscrollbar. Here you can change the colour of ur scrollbar and add an image. (bar image, mouseover, mousedown) Go to Programms/easypano/images/bar1,2,3 and you'll find three bar images. Use these or use as template for size and make ur own.

Hi Rob, thanks for this.  I had seen these choices but for some reason thought they referred to the background bar rather than the slider.  doh!

Cheers, Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-28

I found a way to change the map in a tour you create.

The .vtp-file is a plain text file. You can alter the paths to your files.

I accidentally loaded my map from the wrong place. I discoverd it when I moved the map with my tour to another drive. My map was gone.

In the .vtp-file I found the path to the map and corrected it, and my map was back.

Please note: the paths are relative to the .vtp-file

disjo