panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Applet...You probably all know...but I do

Appreciate help on this one:

Question is simple: How do we make the applet window upen up when linked from another external website?

We are puzzled to see two html files created in the project, but linking to them does bring up the pop-up window.

Our "Tourweaver_test2.html" works beutifully, but on the same webpage, not in a pop-up. However in the other one, "test2" twe find this cryptic message:

Note:

1. Please click the following hyperlink to view virtual tour.

test2

2. How to embed this virtual tour in my web page?

a. Copy the following code and paste it in your own web page;

<a title="#" onClick="openIT('Tourviewer_test2.html',700,590,null,null,'disppano')";>test2</a>

b. Copy corresponding resource files, including Scene, Sound, Resource, chromeless.js, twviewer.jar, Config_test2.tx1 and Tourviewer_test2.html, to the folder of your own page.....

What is the meaning of "own page" and exactly where should we paste?

We would belive that Tourweaver 1.25 should simply generate the exact (and complete) pop-up applet window to where we would have an external link.

We can only ask external websites to link to our html page (test2.html or Tourweaver_test2.html) to bring up the pop-up applet so why this strange information on "test2.html"

yes,...we are not html experts, but some more detailed explanation is necessary for us to understand what easypany means with the text/info on "test2.html" above

Sure that many of you hav solved this already so....

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Your right you are not HTML experts, from your quotes your really a beginner!

Your "Own Page" is your website page of choice! Say your "Home" page for example. Copy 'n' Paste the code as recommended. "Paste" into the page in the position your would like it to be visible.

<a title="#" onClick="openIT('Tourviewer_test2.html',700,590,null,null,'disppano')";>test2</a>

The red part is all you will see in page preview mode. (It will be the click-able part)

b. Copy corresponding resource files, including Scene, Sound, Resource, chromeless.js, twviewer.jar, Config_test2.tx1 and Tourviewer_test2.html, to the folder of your own page..... Correct all of these need to be in the "same" folder as your "Own Page" it will be called index.html if it is your home page of your website. Wherever this page is you must then place all the components listed above.

Tourweaver does generate the code needed! You just don't "Yet" have a handle on HTML. You will learn it with time - practise - help.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Smooth is ansolutely right about my html experience...

However, we can not go and paste that code into our webpage. For us we will have hundreds of these links and we can not go and manually edit a webpage in html many times a day just to get a link from an external website to open the applet window which will be on our server.

There must be a smarter wway of doing this since many other real estate listings works this way.

Any ideas folks...?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01
MovieMaker,

"There must be a smarter wway of doing this since many other real estate listings works this way."

From what I have gathered from your posts, you want to post Real estate listings like a MLS?? If that is the case, you are approaching the issue from the wrong perspective. Most MLS services are based on a SQL type database with a splash screen that allows you to select a propety from the list and it will show a photo of the house along with a listing form showing property and land specifics. If it is you intention to do this with PW/TW you are going to be a busy bunch of guys. I would suggest you research how MLS services work.

"Enjoy What Is, Before What Is, Isn't"
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Hi Moviemaker,

Easypano Tourweaver outputs the code for you to add to "your" web page. It can't add it to your own web page! It doesn't know what your page is, or where on the page you would like the link placed?

Cutting and Pasting the small piece of HTML will take nothing but seconds. It's the same as if you where adding a new web page to your site, you have to add a hyperlink! This is just a hyperlink (But with window restraints to make it a pop-up)

The fact you find it useless is not the fault of the program from where I sit.

You can with the help of a coder (or website that supplies it) introduce a "Database" to your server/system that will make life easier. The code be written in .asp, .php etc using MySQL. But this is not what the software was invented to do. Tourweaver makes Panorama Virtual Tours and supplies basic html "hyperlink" code.

I have done my best to try and help you out. Good luck with your learning curve.

Regards, Smooth