panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-02

Who can and who can't see TW tours?!?

I've only just found out that nobody useing MAC OS9 is able to view TW tours. Why?

Having looked at the requirements to view tours I also see that potential viewers are required to have Microsoft JVM. Does this mean that with SUN Java... they won't be eble to view tours??

I'm aware that this info is in the sales info provided. However, this is somewhat concerning as I got the impression that it'll run on none Microsoft JVM systems as well. Please advise on ur experiences and Easypano, please let us know if this is correct.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-03
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on September-02-2004

I've only just found out that nobody useing MAC OS9 is able to view TW tours. Why?

Having looked at the requirements to view tours I also see that potential viewers are required to have Microsoft JVM. Does this mean that with SUN Java... they won't be eble to view tours??

I'm aware that this info is in the sales info provided. However, this is somewhat concerning as I got the impression that it'll run on none Microsoft JVM systems as well. Please advise on ur experiences and Easypano, please let us know if this is correct.

Well for some time ago I asked my friend to check the demos from Easypano's TW demo gallery, and he could see them with no problem. He uses Mac 10 dot something... :)

- Hans

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-03

I just upgraded an very old iMac to OS 9.2

If you provide me with a link I will test it.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-03

MAC OS 9.xxxx won't work. 10.xxx will. I was just curious to why this is or what the issues are that this may not work for OS 9.xxx. Easypano... Hello...

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-09

Hi,

I've some trouble with Java now. But it isn't so simple that Sun Java doesn't work. I create tour with few different skins (different project)  4 of 5 work well on Sun, one don't. It's interesting that it was working well earlier, but after some corrections in content don't.

This is a serious problem. How could we   anticipate which Java (and wich version of it) is there on client side ? Should we test if and  which one Java is there ? And how we should do it ? How supply proper Java eg on CD version ?

Andrew

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-09

Hi again,

I found why this one of my tours doesn't work. Error appear because in file name of  image was character from polish language - beyond the simple ASCII - Java try to read it  in UTF8 and can't. Now all my tours (4) are working well with Sun Java (1.4.1_07 and 1.4.2_05).

Regards,

Andrew

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-10

Hi Andrew,

Yeah, I've also come across the language and font issu causing problems with non-english letters certain file names and fonts. Stay within these bounderies and all is cool. As far as I can tell, it's all right to add the foreign letters in text linked to tour as long as the file names are in eglish lettering. It cool that u found the error yourself.

So... u got'any tours to show us??

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-28

Your post example looks impressive phoenixrising - maybe you can give me some advice too..

I currently only have PW Standard so can only auto stitch two hemisheres. I am contemplating the cost benefits of upgrading to professional.  Would the Pro version give me the improvement in quality of pano using the methods you describe or should I be able to get simialr results with Std.

My panos just don't seem to be that sharp as those you have shown here even on CD or broadband sizing. I also suffer from window lighting interference.

What do you think - worth spending the extra $200?

tks

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-04

Hi there Jerseybean,

sorry for not responding earlier but have just returned from London and have not been online.

- is it worth spending the extra $ 200,- ? Well in my opinion yes. Why? 1. because you can maually adjust the image (which is required 2 ot of 10 times) if the software can't give you a clean stich. 2. Because of being able to make a 3 image stich. The 3 image stich will, even if u use the full fish eye image, only use the middle 120deg of image. This means that the other 30 deg per side, which tend to be softer due to the lens structure, are removed. Thus leaving a better quality image to stich with. You also have more overlap which can save you the odd frustration if when taking the images you made a minor error and don't have enough overlap for a 2shot.

-3 shot image improvement:

To further enhance the image quality you can try my way of taking 3 shot images. This will also deal with "window overexposure". I set my CP4500 to M and set f to 8.0. I select an exposure time that'll give me a mid range of exposure. I set the focus to infinity and tend not to use auto white bal due to the fact that each 120 deg will have white bal change and therefore won't result in equal colour of the shots required for clean stiching. I then zoom in (the camera being in portrait mode) until the top and bottom of the circular image touch the top and bottom of the LCD screen. I now have a cropped image i.e. 183 vertically and approx 140 horizonatly (Don't forget that u jsut need 120 deg across). This has 2 main benefits. 1. You just take what u really need and can also see better through the LED screen of cam. 2. U actually are useing more pixels of the cam ie around 85% instead of only around 45%. This menas better quality image and larger (for example for full screen work) end image. (just using fishey results in image approx 1500px in diametre. Usieng the above method u have an image of 2100x1575). I tend to take 3-7 shots in each direction with differnt exposure time so that I import the images into PS and useing layers highlite darker areas or blend in overexposed shots. I save the resulting images as bmp to avoid jpg loss and stich. The result is saved as bmp. The base bmp is my archive image which I'll then resize to say 1500x750 for web work, do whatever colour correction and cleaan up work required and will finally sharpen the image useing unsharpen.

Please drop a line if u require further assistance.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-14

Hi,

I've just return from my trip and recived  message. Thanks.

My tour is in http://www.navigatorvr.home.pl/start.html - this isn't production version yet. Please keep in mind that it is CD version, so files are not to small.

Regards,

Andrew

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-14

Hi Andrew,

are u useing a oneshot lens for this pano image??? I found it somewhat fuzzy... which considering the fact that it's a CD version... could be better. Also I think that the pull away from the Hotel spends to much time looking down the road rather then at the Hotel. Also the fuzziness of the image is quite pronounced due to the high zoom in effect. A bit more speed would hide that fact. Also the image seems to have a slant to it... were u on a hill?

Sorry if I seem critical... I'm not... just observant. At the end of the day, you want to sell this idea to the Meridian... I guess... and that needs a bit more tweeking to get that kinda business. Thanks for shareing.

rob ;-)