panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-03

Maps and image

Hi. Just trying to figure out software because i'm quite interested in it. The manuals are not much help in providing certain information like what i'm asking now. So i'm asking those who have used this program. I have 2 questions.

Q1.What kind of programs do you all use to create the map image? pls let me know the name of the software if its a 3rd party. Thank you.

Q2.What size and resolution photos should i use(recommended)? Will a 3.2mil pixel camera do the job?

thank you in advance to whomever answers my questions.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-03

Hi

Q1 is a very good question. Unfortunately, we do not plan to use the map feature so I have no answer for that, but I also would like to know.

Q2: I guess it depend on your usage and the viewer size you decide, but in principle 3.2 mil should be good enough. Most of our photos will be 640 x 480 pixels and they look good enough to us in a window of that size on a PC screen with 1024x768 pixel size

There ar huge quality differencies on digital cameras so you can go from an excellent 3 M type like Konica-Minolta Z1 to a lousy...x brand 3 M pixels... so there is more to it than the pixel resolution I will think.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-05

Hi there,

Q1. U can use anything that'll enable u to "draw" on a PC. I use Photoshop7 which I use for my touchup work anyhow. In PS7 I can make a map to suit quite easily. Freehand and coraldraw are also alternatives as are any other graffic progs. But as said, u might as well consider something like Photoshop, which u'd need anyway.

Q2. Depends on the cam make. I use CP4500 with 4mil pix and have used CP990 with 3.2mil pix. The upgrade to the CP4500 was well worth it. Don't forget that u'll need a fisheye lens if u want to use Panoweaver for stiching. However, TW will let u import cylindrical panos as well which can be made useing other software.

Rob

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-05

thanks for replying guys.

What i was specifically asking for in Q1 was that is there any sort of programs that allow one to create floorplan layout easily without the need to use programs like photoshop.

As for Q2, i guess the camera i have should be adequate. Planning to get a Canon A75 for the job.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-06

Q1: not that I know of... though I've just got a copy of Acorn which is an architectual software prog which does floor plans... have not tested yet.

I have started to make a few room templates... ie boxes of various size with a wall surrounding them. Just drag and drop them into the house outline and strech to size, delete wall wher the door is. Is quicker work and means that I can make a map in 10 mins.

Q2. Don't know the Cannon. Most use Nikon CoolPix series due to the fisheye lens.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.