panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15

Strange publishing/saving inconsisantcies

I'm experiencing some strange publishing behaivior with TW.

• When I've saved a tour "save as" half way through a project my default save location is alwys the very first tour I've ever created with TW. This is somewhat annoying, even more annoying is that when I hit "save as " again, it'll do exactlly the same, instead of saving as the last position. This is disconcerting.
  • When I've saved a tour prior to publishing and I then close TW, I sometimes (and that's what worries me) get " you haven't saved the tour yet, do u want to??"... hhhmmmm I've stopped saving when I get this message because it often saves saves back to the first tour I made... which was very freaky until I realised this.
  • When publishing, I will sometimes get all of the buttons, skins, waiting images.,.... duplicated into the base saved folder as well as having a skin folder with all these elements. Thinking that this was a weird apperition I just removed all those excess elements and tested the tour using the html link and the tour worked. However, when reopening the tour in TW, it can't find all of the elements... ie the excess ones I've just thrown in the bin. So I reinstate the elements, and all the links are then intact... though this isn't the point as I thought that all the elements should be going through the skin folder. The very strange thing is that this is inconsitant. Sometimes just some elements get through... sometimes all are in the base folder duplicated, sometimes the folder structure is just what it's supoosed to be : tourviewer_xxx.html, xxx.html, skin.zip, scenes and inf.command.

Easypano... eeekkkk I'm getting grey hairs with this. Do u think I should reload TW??? Is anyone else expericening this??

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15
Hi phoenix,

Not necessarily an answer but this is what I do.

I use File Save As when I want to recycle a project for another. Once I've saved the file into a new project name and location, the new project location is the new location.

Most of the time I just use a template to create a project vs. the File Save As.

r,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15
Alas this ain't happening. I'm even getting strange stuff like having opened a tour, worked on it, wanting to resave it and seeing the file path to be the one the tour came from. until I open the file path folder and see that all at once the file path that is shown on the publish screen will have changed to another file path... yikes
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.