panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15

autorun feature issues.

OK, so I'm not a huge scripter and know little about CD's. I do have a customer that is asking for CD with autorun feature. If I just input the whole tour onto the CD I'll get the auto run opening the Please paste the following code into ur browser window with a blue click this to start the tour. Sure I can change the inf file to open the Tourviewer_xxx.html, but then I just get the tour opening up in the default browser window size. How can I change this??? Is there a command line I should insert to the autorun script???

Also, I've been looking for some kind of CD frontend that'll enable me to have a splash screen (I think thats what it's called) which will autorun and open a window with links to the root of the CD structure which will contain more then just one tour. I've been looking at a number of products that all seem to be less intuitive then I'd hope for. Any recommendations.???

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15

Hi Robert,

I run presentation in new browse window with all option necessary(size, toolbar, menu bar etc.). Interesting script is generating by easypano when you choose option "customize aplet" - there are some interesting ideas about browser setting.

In autorun I write :

[autorun]

shellexecute=start.html

then in start.html I use script like this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

// first window - I put it  below new and resize (numbers are only example) I can close the first window, but unfortunately browser will ask something like :" Somebody try close window should I close it ? " - so I don't close it but only put below new window

function popresize(){

szer=screen.availWidth;
wys=screen.availHeight;
x=szer-670;
x=Math.round(x/2);
y=wys-530;
y=Math.round(y/2);
self.resizeTo(670,530);
self.moveTo(x,y);

}

// new window (tour window)

function new_popup(){
szer=screen.availWidth;
wys=screen.availHeight;
x=szer-685;
x=Math.round(x/2);
y=wys-550;
y=Math.round(y/2);
var option="status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no,personalbar=no,top="+y+",left="+x+",width=685,height=540";
new_win=window.open("your_tour.html","_blank",option);
new_win.focus();
}
</script>

// in body of html file something like this

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

popresize();
 new_popup();

</script>

Regards,

Andrew

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15

Hi phoenix,

Your last question if I read it correctly is related to encrypting the files so that they are unreadable and cannot be copied, reverse-engineered, and/or reproduced.  I don't know of any products but I'm sure there's a few out there that can do something like that.

r,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-15

Thanks eagle, thats a great help. I'll give it a try later and will report back.

;-)))))

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-16

Hi Robert,

Do you find scripts I sended helpfull ? Could I make something more for you in exchange of your help ?

Regards,

Andrew

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-16

Hi phoenix,

Have some info you might be interested in.  I’ve played around with a few frontends of different sorts. You may want to check put

The first one is   CDFrontEnd by Visual Vision:  it seems at first kind of … well cheap but it works and is not all that hard to learn, what I liked was it has its own browser so you don’t have to worry about having the correct browser on your clients computer and the final product you put on your CD's is just one file..

You should read the main benefits and features on its home page, also has a free version called front end lite.  Cost on main version is only about $129.00US.

http://www.cdfrontend.com   

CdfrontEnd lite is on the left side of page about ? way down

The second one I’ve tried is:   Auto Play Media studio by Indigo Rose

Much more advanced but not harder to learn, This one is My choice, it’s a great program

And the scripting that you can do with is made very easy by just choosing from a lists of explained script actions. It is more expensive range from $200.00 to about $500.00US plus lots of add ons.

Their home page is:  http://www.autoplaystudio.com/site/index.php#

They have a free trial  download at: http://www.indigorose.com/downloads/trial_software.php

There is another I played with called: Active Delivery by Innermedia.  very advanced but if You have the time to learn it would be the ultimate front end.

Their trial download is at:   Oops that page is down right now  But

You can get some info at: http://www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

I’ve seen this one used for Full VRTours, maps and all,  Every thing in one file,

If remember where I got that tour from I’ll let you know if you want,

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-16

Sorry the Active Delivery Web site is:

http://www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

Mike
(gidget)

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-16

The text keeps disapearing., Sorry

www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

I'll try this once more.If it doesnt work just a search would work.

Mike O
(gidget)

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-17

Hi guys,

Andrew,

You're welcome to any help I can offer at any time. For free, no strings attached. But that also tends to be the case with most on this Forum. We're one happy, supporting and helping crowd all willing to share the knowledge we have so that we all can collectivly grow and produce better work quicker.;-) Hugs all round.

I'm very busy the next few days and have been the last week. I spent Monday night between 10pm and 8 am testing various software CD front end packages... Alas I have had zero time to play with ur script or even learn how to use a package I like. (cdfrontend)I have a customer who's requested a frontend for the tours I make and would really appreciate it if u could fiddle something together for me until I have the time to work it out myself. I could forward u two page images that I want to use for the front end. (1 starter page with links to the tours I want to enclose and a help page. Nothing that fancy. Pages are all 800x 600 as are the TW tours. Let me know if u can/have time to help and I'll forward u the pages.

Gidget,

thx dude, have in the mantime discovered these, though no time to check em out.

thx for input Rob the phoenixrising.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-21

Hi, phoenix,

I use SKS CD Menü 4.3.3 for producing autostart CDs. It has many great features, allows to create custom skins for a start window (to select among different presentations on the CD) etc.. I like it.

http://www.keseling.de/

Regards

Holger

Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-22

Thanks for the tip will try it out.

Rob