panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-30

Java Pop-up Window Help

I have to enter links to my virtual tours into a script that will not allow any html or java language, I can only enter a URL. We would like for the Java script window generated by tourweaver to work. Is there any solution for using redirects or does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance. ~ Ice9
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-05

Hey thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna use the gateway page idea and just put some generic help and FYI stuff on there since it's pretty close to where i'm at now. I have several to upload and play catch up on but it would be sweet to make that gateway page auto close after so long.

Yeah SP2 is gonna pose a problem for any Java based scripts as well as Active-X with some spyware blockers. Yeee Haw. It just keeps gettin easier, huh?

Thanks again everyone. ~Ice9

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-30

Take a look at this post:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=771&PagePosition=1

I think your answer is in here.

Sincerely,

disjo

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-30

Thanks Disjo,

Maybe I'm not translating the autorun CD thought process over to web. Not sure of the relevancy of this post to my issue. Can u explain how this may help?

I sell virtual tours to real estate companies, and in this rural area I have several companies co-listing the same home, so they all need to present a tour that I have located on my server. I'm not their webmaster and many of them don't have a webmaster, so I can't give them java script to enter for a tour address or I'll be responsible for fixing 25 websites when they screw them up. In addition need to enter the VT url into a couple of .php scripts that don't accept html or java code; only a standard url.

So far, the only luck I've had is by creating a gateway page that auto pops up the VT in a java pop-up window. Unfortunately I have this blank white page that is behind my tour window.

I think what I need is what 'moviemaker' was trying to describe in this post but he was unsuccessful in making anyone understand.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=744&PagePosition=2

It seems odd to me that nobody has needed to do more often.

If anyone has anymore ideas I sure would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks again ~Ice9

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-01
U have a point there ice9. I use a gateway page which acts as an info page with a click to start tour. I disguise the fact that I don't know how to make this page close by giving a bit of "before viewing the tour help screen" look. I too would like to be able to make my panos open in a given size. Maybe Easypano could help on this one... ie offer the possibility to ensure that the page opens in given skinsize.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-01
Oh yes, I encountered a problem the other day with SP2 update pack issue. I had created an autorun CD with html page ster menu which had the easypano java/popup script embedded. Problem was that the autopopup/java script blocker meant that the user had to allow the opening of the file which isn't apparent or easy to comprehend for normal everyday users. This menat that each popup had to be individually allowed... very tedious stuff and will surly lead to many just binnign the Cd assuming it doesn't work. HHmm.. I'm gonna have to find some non pop up way of dealing with this.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-01

Hmmm, Phoenix  I just replied to your email.

Do a view source on this page and look for "function open_window2"(url)" and notice that it does not have any values for Height and Width in the attribute string for the new window.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/wwp/index.htm

Now when you click on the text link for PW full screen QTVR you will see a full screen popup.  And Look in the html code for how the window is sized:

<script type="text/javascript

<!--
   window.moveTo(0,0)
   window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight)

I think you can replace the resizeTo (height=300, width=500)

I have tried this with NS 7.2 w/ latest Sun Java engine and it works.  BUT I have not tried it with IE and SP2.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-01

Try This:

<script language="javascript">
 if (window.moveTo) self.moveTo(screen.width/2-310,screen.height/2-250);
       if (window.resizeTo) self.resizeTo(720,500); 
  </script>

Place this in the head of your page to be opened (the page with your tour).
This is not an actual popup but a new window. so popup blockers should'nt
stop it, but it will have what ever bars the viewer has by default on their browser
such as address bar, google bar. menu bar and so on. These I believe are figured
in to the window size so you may need to adjust the width and height to account for these

This will open the window centered and sized.

The second line will resize the window to (width/height).
The first line will  center your window, The (Screen.width/2-310, is the viewers
   screen devided by 2 minus half of the window width you have set. You must set  the minus amount yourself.  same for screen.hieght.

Example:

a 400x200 sized window would be   (screen.width/2-200,screen.height/2-100)

a 1000x500 sized window would be   (screen.width/2-500,screen.height/2-250)

You Could also try this:

<script language="JavaScript">
if (document.all)
  window.resizeTo(700,500);
 else
  window.resizeTo(700,500);
</SCRIPT>

Its the same as above only it doesn't center the window.

I hope this helps, I'm not the  best at explaining things in writing and I tend to ramble when its not needed ( sorry about that ).

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog