panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-22

External Links TO a Tour

I wonder if anyone knows how to do this. Tourweaver lets you set up URL links to external pages - I want to go the other way, i.e. link FROM an external page (for a business or whatever)  TO the Tour to show the location of that business on the map and a pano. I would want to set the Scene, Pan, Tilt and FOV. The API has the basic functionality but it's getting the parameters into the page with the applet and setting them.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to actively alter the Pan settings of the scenes with the scene hotspots on the image so that, for example, if you navigate through a sequence of panos (following, say a straight line), you can then turn around and navigate back in the opposite direction such that each pano opens and 'looks' in the right direction (180 degrees to its original setting - if we were talking about a staight lne of panos).

Anyone don this or got any ideas? Any help appreciated.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-22

1. As far as I am aware, u are not able to link to a given pano/map position within tourweaver. A work around would be to link from the shop to the tour and have the shop location standout with company logo or similar. Not elegant but doable. However... I've done something similar with a MAC based QT software which generates individual panos as html elements and as individual files... therefore eneabling u to link to a given pano. The Map function has no compas element, though the map will indicate where the pano is. Other solution is an individual tour per shop. Seperate map mask...html scripting required. Those with more talent will have other solutions.

Part2. I have yet to find a tour programm that'll enable u multiple paths and setting of panos. U could however just double up the amount of panos and thereby have duplicate images with different setting and therefore two films.... however... I think this could get messy.

Rob 

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-10-26
Thanks for the input. I'd had similar lines of thought but, as you say, things can get messy  especially as this tour has a lot f panos (50+) and included businesses could end up being dozens so a tour per shop would get out of hand. I got a feeling there is an answer there somewhere since the Youtweaver API script allows FOV, Pan etc. to be set - it's just setting the parametere externally and then getting them into the code on the page.