panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-18

And estimated date for NON-Java version?

Hi,
Just wondering will the non-java version of the viewer or Tourweaver be out soon? The reason I ask because alot of my clients are really worried about the non-java issue on their PCs and have recieve alot of emails saying they could not view the tours .... any temp solutions at the moment, other than asking them to download JVM on their system?

thanks

ys

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-19

I think Panoweaver can create Quick Time .mov images.  That will require that their clients have to have Quick time browser plugin installed on their machines.  Also,  the QTVR code has a plugin call (similar to macromedia FLASH plugin) that will automatically download it if their machine does not have it already installed.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-22
Hhmmm... I've been checking out page failiure to load issues with TW and seem to find that the zip files won't load... is it so that TW will download the skin zip and then unpack for the tour??? If so then this is a problem for those not useing zip. Please enlighten me.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-23

The new version of Tourweaver will publish virtual tours as html, exe, vt, ppt and mpg, you don't have have to install a jvm to view the virtual tours any more.

The new version is expected to be released in October,2005. At present, you may try the following method to solve this problem temporarily.

2)Open the "bin" folder in the root directory, then double click the file "HtmlConverter.exe".

3)Convert all the published files of Tourweaver.

Then you can put the converted files on your website, when your customers click to view the virtual tours, a jvm auto detector will pop up, you just have to
click the button "install", the sun jvm will be installed automatically. 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-23

As long as you have a jvm in your computer, you can view the virtual tours, the "winzip" is not necessary.
Please make sure you have uploaded the zip files to the correct place,all the files should be kept in the same directory and the file structure should be kept unchanged.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-01-03
Is there another way or any html code we can use or add to the tour page to auto detect the Sun JVM as I cant get the link you have provided to download anything. thanks.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-01-21

Hi all,

I have been researching a little on the whole issue of java and stuff.
Firstly the date for the new release of Tourweaver to publish virtual tours as html, exe, vt, ppt and mpg,
etc.. cant come soon enough.

Whether it will be released on the said date remains to be seen. In addition i feel the people, like myself got a raw deal and were not properly informed of the major drawbacks with Win. XP/ Java compatability.

When and if the new TW. release comes into being, the existing customers should be compensated in some way.. A free upgrade would be the least to be expected.

With regards downloading the j2sdk1.4.2 and running all files through the 'HtmlConverter.exe', i dont recommend this solution.

Though this offers a solution to guiding visitors to download Java to their Operating System easily (XP in particular!), It has certain drawbacks.

Besides the fact the download is a whopping 14 megs., if you have a  version of java older than j2sdk1.4.2., this 'Html Converter' sniffer/java detector will download the j2sdk1.4.2. version anyway, even though some older & already installed java versions would have played the tour. So whats the point if everybody ends up having to download it.
The purpose was for those with NO java. 
In addition i have heard of cases where the tour has slowed down and become jittery after running it through 'Html Converter'.
Therefore i would stay away from this and alternatively do as Easypano do.
Basically have;

'It requires Java Virutal Machine to view the virtual tours. Please make sure you have installed Microsoft JVM or Sun Java before viewing.'

I was also considering the idea of running java from a server so the client/user would not need to download java at all but the licencing issue would be too complicated and costly. 

Perhaps a solution to be offered by easypano.

By the way, dont bother contacting easypano about the XP/Java issue.
I sent an email to them twice and heard nothing back.

If anyone has anything to add or if my points are in anyway invalid please let me know.

Good Luck All!!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-01-24

I like the idea of a server run Java solution. This is at least a solution which could be implemented quickly and at least keep present work visable. It will require Easypano to sort the licence issue out. I'll even be glad to try and sort the issue myself if Easypano feel they aren't up to it. But somehow I reckon we'll be forced to wait until the new version is out... and then there will surly be bugs to sort... therefore we'll probably have to wait for at least a year until all works as wanted... and that is only if the software delivers what it promises.

Therefore, if I were Easypano, I'd at least attempt to look at the Java/server based solution as an interim fix to keep those loyal to the product happy... especially those who've been backing the product with praise, loyalty, support, there own work and positive forum feedback. Don't forget, a failiure on Easypanos part to deliver is a failiure on my part to deliver... and I can only afford to have so many unhappy customers before I seek alternate solutions... but then again so will all the other present users.

;-)

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-10

I am a big believer in Tourwever and have found the software to be very good. But like others I am now receiving complaints from my clients with regard to Java required to be downloaded (especially XP users). One comment was "In the time it takes to download the Java component - the Tour becomes irrelevant".

Is there any update as to Easypano latest version catering for non-java publishing. I had heard that there is an update due in March 2005 - not sure though if this relates to Tourweaver or not.

I would be interested to hear what the plans are and if anyone has any alternatives they can offer I would really appreciate it.

Ray

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-11
The main problem these days is that whatever viewer you use, there will still be many people who will need to download the correct plug-in, viewer etc to view. Quicktime is on most Apples but not others. At present I still believe Java is installed on far more computers than anything else but it is no longer on virtually all computers as it was happily for a few years. Don't know of any easy solution