panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-12-09

Problem with start image

Hi there, I have a problem with the start up image in TW. I want to use a jpg which is formated to screen size. However, when I publish TW will expand the image to such a size that it's larger then the viewer size, in effect zooming in on the image. This is really not that cool as the initial image is then blurred and zoomed in so much that it looks of poor quality. What do I need to do to solve this issue. It doesn't matter if I use best fit or actual size. The issue is still the same.

Please help soon as a customer is waiting and I've already waisted too much time trying to sort this out.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-12-09
Hi phoenix,

A few things to consider:

* Did you create a new path and made that the default tour?
* Is the image zoomed in the tab (can't remember) where you can set default parameters such as FOV, pan, tilt, etc. for each image?
* You can adjust the FOV on the selected image in the Tour Path tab.

That's all I can think of right now.

r,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-12-09

Hi Eagle,

made no tour apart from the sequence of the images. The initial image is a still photo which acts as a start up image. The viewer size is the size of the still. All the other still images are as they should be... just the first still, my intro, is zoomed in. FOV... is only for pano, not stills... hhmmm.

Thanks for answering though.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-01-03
I have the same problems sometimes using still images. even thought I have sized the images exactly the the specific dimensions of the viewer, it doesnt seem to matter what settings you use, the final published version often 'zooms' in slightly on the images making them look poor quality. maybe yet another bug? or is this simple to sort out? help us out easypano!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-01-03
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on December-09-2004

Hi Eagle,

made no tour apart from the sequence of the images. The initial image is a still photo which acts as a start up image. The viewer size is the size of the still. All the other still images are as they should be... just the first still, my intro, is zoomed in. FOV... is only for pano, not stills... hhmmm...

Hi guys... have you checked this option already:

- go to "Movie" and select the one that is the default movie (if you have more than one, else it is "SlideShow" of course...)

- if you have that still image to start with, it should be that first sequence in the movie timeline, ok?

- click the first rectangle = the indicator that shows where the whole movie and the first sequence starts > see the Properties at the right > there should be an option "ZoomLevel" > set it for example to the same amount that is your image width, or something else as you like..

- important: click the second rectangle in the timeline, so that is the moment when that first still image of your tour stops to be shown > again set the "ZoomLevel" to _the same amount than the first one above_...

Well that worked for me, no moving/zooming "first still images" for me... or have you done this already?

- Hans

PS. If you did that and there's no effect, review those settings... sometimes the did not save at the first time or something... did not examine that behaviour yet... :)