panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-07

Full screen tours

I have been asked by a client if I can achieve the same link to a full screen effect as shown on:
http://www.pan3sixty.co.uk/tours/cwr/java-small/java-conference-cwr2.html
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can do this within Tourweaver it would be a real help.
I know I could create another Tour template and link through HTML but other suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thanks

aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-08
The problem with full screen tours and java are the fact that java has difficulties projecting them smoothly due to the large file size (>1MB) usually required for full screen. This is the reason most will use Quick Time for full screen work. Java is limited in it's capacity to display images much over 300x400kb.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-08
Thanks phoenix, helpful. Did I read somewhere that the next version of TW will also be able to output in Quick Time?

aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-08

Ajay,

You don't need quicktime for the 'fullscreen' in your example as the panos are small size and use PTViewer 2.5, the page dimensions have been set using tables (750?w x 520?h).

Agree Quicktime at present provides the best way to display full-screen panos but other recent Java solutions look very promising as does Easypanos own ActiveX plug-in

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-09
Yeah, I've seen other java based viewers... in particular a new product thats coming on the market which looks kind of promising as it'll enable full screen java tours without jerkiness due to some form of feeling of inertia. However, these are not solutions that presently work with TW.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.