panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-24

Idea's Need Help

The company I work for is having me create VR Tours which is not a problem for me.  But I'm looking for Ideas to make this for emergency use.  A web site my bosses came across they want me to follow there kind of ideas.  But I'm looking for some help.  Here is the link  http://www.vemergency.com

Take a look at that.  And please help me.  I created a VR tour and they rejected it because they said "Can you make a VR Tour" well thats what I did.  But now they want something that can help with emergency's and problems with fire and security. 

Gary

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-28

You know you gave me so much help.  I have been thinking if I should go to the Fire Department and show them what I have for my company and ask for input. Like you said I'm sure they will be more than happy to assit me with what they would look for.  Thanks for the great advice.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-24

It seems attractive. Do you know why they reject your solution? What other features do you/they think shall be added to make it help with emergency's problems with fire and security?

Do you think a "panoramic video" solution (thus you may move in the real scene) will work?

To see is to believe
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-25
Have a look at the easypano "crime scene" package under their heading "solution" there are many similarities between this and what u are trying to achieve.
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-25
Yea I have been looking at the Crime Scene package that Easypano has.  What they are looking for is say Fire where the fire pump room is, fire turn off valves, and stair wells but make a big deal of it.  There not looking for a real scene more static or 360,  See I work for the security force of our corporation.  And the guy directing me on what he wants is a Fire Fighter and My Boss, so he is fire related, I'm more police related Hostage take overs and so on. But I never have and probly wont think fire wise like him, so this puts me at a dead end.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-25
I don't think it matters which direction you are coming from. You can achieve what u need by using Tourweavers hotspots and image over links. For example, there is a fire hydrant in the panorama, hot spot it, and using the image over facility, link to a close up still of the hydrant itself, or put the still image in the tour and link to it that way, which would also alow you to use scene description to give detailed instructions on its use etc... equally this could be used for any other aspect of the scene, including emergency exits etc, where you could link to a plan, showing routes out from that location.
What you need to do is prepare a master brief, looking at all aspects of an area, that you might want to explore in detail, and then using this, apply options as appropriate for specific commisions etc.
Your problem is not in the technical aspects of the software, rather the application of the technology.
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-25

Thanks for that input.  I have been working on it today and I think I have some great Ideas and this should work.  But if you think that I can add anything into the tour please let me know

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-27

Hi guy... you can add everything to the tour u want. Just think about what elements would be required. Fire of police will always use the same building plan which would/should contain all of the various elements required. (firedoors, hydrants, windows, size of rooms, thickness of walls, sub-ceilings, loadbearing structures, material strengths, electrical cables, telephone links.....) Just ask fire/police units what info they require and just add it. The tour at the end of the day won't be a substitute for an architect drawing... rather it'll be a visual aid to get a feeling for the room layout. I'd consider adding a pdf of the layout with all the various mentioned/required elements so that it can be printed. Let this drawing emulate the map function of TW. Everything else will fall into place by you doing a couple of trial packages and getting local assistance... ie from the Police/fire-dept. who'll be willing to assist in an advisory nature.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.