panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03

A Challenge to Easypano

In the mainpage, easypano shows that they have a lot of customers like seimens, intel, fbi! and many others.
I think this is fake after a lot of research. There are reasons.
I challenge easypano to show websites on FBI, etc to show any links that these are using the software and if the have made tours etc.

It is obvious for me that easypano wants people to think that easypano is has legal software so people will buy it whereas it infringes the patent of ip*x.

I hope that I am wrong and if you can prove it then please prove it.

My Sincere regards,
a potential customer
I will buy only if it turns out legit.
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-21

First of all, I would like to thank Rainman, phoenixrising, 360VRE and any other people who have been involved in this discussion. We can not make better products without your care and feedbacks, no matter whether the feedbacks are positive or somewhat negative. I do not blame RainMan for his words since he might not know all the aspects of applications of virtual tour software.

Here I would like to answer RainMan's questions. We guarantee that every customer We list in the website are truely our customer. It is not our philosophy to provide fake information to cheat customers. As you know, we have been in this business for more than 4 years. We would have been out of business if we do this kind of things.

Virtual tour software are used in many areas, not just web site presentation. Let me take some examples, Seimens use our software to document Power Plants all over the world and use it as a new way of asset management. The virtual tour are used within their company only and it is not necessary at all for them to put virtual tours online. FBI and some police stations use our softwares to document crime scene and also the virtual tour is used in forensic case discussion and documentation, so it is not necessary either. Boeing, Harvard University and  Los Alamos Lab are all in similar situations. We also have some real estate investment company customers use virtual tour as real estate asset management, which is not necessary to post virtual tour online too.

Framestore CFC use Panoweaver, Maya and other tools to combine and create beautiful scenes in Troy, Harry Potter and other films. Here virtual tours are used as a way of get beautiful scene and it is a intermidate step in making films. For more info, you might visit http://www.easypano.com/product/pw_story.htm to get to know more.

To summary, Virtual tour softwares are used in many areas in addtional to real estate virtual tour, so do not take it for grant that everyone make virtual tour must put it online. Sometimes it is used as a way of present the house, while in many other cases, it is used within a company as communication, documentation and asset management.

We do not like to argue on the things of patent issues, since it is useless to waste our valuable time on this kind of thing. Maybe only time will tell who is right or who is wrong. We do not believe that patents will keep a company in a secure island. What we believe is customer needs and customer satisfication, so what we do is to listen to our customers consistently and seriously, develop upgrade version and new products to satisfy customer's needs with our creativity, which is why Tourweaver comes out, and also which is why we provide toll free phone number even we are in China and there are 12 hours between here and U.S.. We believe it is the right thing we should do and we have been and will continue to do this day after day. We cherish any of your feedbacks and comments, bug reports, feature suggstions and new product ideas. We believe only in this way can we work with our customers together to have a double-win or multi-win situation. So please, please let us know if you have any comments and ideas.

To see is to believe
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-22

To back up the store, we here at 360-vre.com have a few customers that have us shoot strip malls. They are in investment real estate and mainly need the tours for internal purposes. We will simply do about 40 strip malls at a time and organize them on a single webpage.

I have no idea what they use them for, but they always pay their bills.

HT360VT Support Team
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05

Robin Barnes brought up a great point, but I will take it one step further.

Shhh! I want to keep it a secret. Quit now.

Tourweaver supports IPIX imaging and stitching. Yes, if you develope a 360x360 imersive picture using the IPIX software, you to can import them into Tourweaver to build a custom virtual tour for your clients.

Don't say anything, but I have a feeling most IPIX users are doing this.

Now remember, mums the word!

HT360VT Support Team
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05

Oh and by the way.

IPIX, in court said that they invented the .jpg picture format and owned the rights to it. Meaning, nobody can produce a jpeg picture anymore. Even you have to laugh at that one Rainman.

Also, I think the IPIX stitching and software is on the chopping block, they just dumped their Admission product. They recently relocated to the East Coast so that they may be in a better geographical position to serve the defense and security end of their business.

Another Issue: Their Cheif Financial Officer resigned in Januarary, his reason was that he did not want to relocate.

Did you know?: Ipix is a $3 stock, but in April of 2004 it shot up to $23 dollars. Today it is back to about $3 - $4 dollars. (Yes I made money)

They had trouble before for inflating something or other.

Hey, can you guys smell that? Or am I the only one?

HT360VT Support Team
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-06
The good thing of IPIX is the marketing - they contributed to bring the knowledge about 360° panos to the enduser. Also IPIX is amongst the contributors of openpanorama.org, and with the different vendor plan they changed also a (small) bit of their policy.

Now we have one shot panos from mirrors up to Quicktimes from a high prized Spheron Cam or Panoscan, and also a couple of software to pick up. So there are products for the whole range of the market.

RainMan, if you are sure about Tourweaver, get another product. Also for me, the applet of Tourweaver is quite big, but clicking together a tour is very very easy.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-06

Quote: Originally posted by RainMan on March-04-2005

Listen man I'm not a newbie and tried almost all sosftwares on this planet including much better ones for cylindricaler panoramas. I made big projects, an entire project 100 cyl panos with other software and it sucks when you are inside a building cause you cann't view up/down. And why would you buy a fish eye camera/lense and then go the otherway making cylindrical stuff. Cyl stuff sucks relatively comparing to immersive.

Good Rainman

Show me an example of your works on internet and I'll believe you. If you don't even like to show your owns, why you believe FBI or Intel would like to show theirs?

By the way, do you think ip*x got every showcases of its customers?

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-06
I'd like to say first that all of you mentioned interesting subjects na dI'll brief about them later. 360VRE, I've thought your idea, thanks. It works true since tourweaver doesn't stitch. Perhaps I'll buy both and use it. thanks again.

I won't mention any links to my works for the reason that people might say I'm from ipix or whatever and this might give me a bad reputation of my works and company. However I'll breif you later on the softwares that I worked with and experiences, cameras, etc.

I don't think my case not showing my work has anything to do with those all big companies not showing their work. These companies mention on the 1st page are a different story.

Anyway I want VR links to those sompanies from easypano as a reference to be sure. So that I know if I need to buy Ipix soft or easypano software alone would be enough without getting emailed by ipix or whatever.

I will give ita whole "two weeks" of waiting for easypano!
Hoping your reply easypano

If these adds are fake just let me know and I won't waste my time waiting.

thanks
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-08

Listen man I'm not a newbie and tried almost all sosftwares on this planet including much better ones for cylindricaler panoramas............I made big projects, an entire project 100 cyl panos with other software

If you have done many virtual tours how come still searching for software?  I am a newbie and did research other software to use and this is the best one that i found.  I would say buy it, use it and let ip*x and easypano work out the isues that you are talking about.

I won't mention any links to my works for the reason that people might say I'm from ipix or whatever and this might give me a bad reputation of my works and company. However I'll breif you later on the softwares that I worked with and experiences, cameras, etc.

there are lots of people that post their work on here, I dont think that anyone will say you are from any company.  But my main question is if you have done many other vt what would you say is your main target for your virtual tours?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-09
Easypano, if you don't want to say here these are not true adds or anything I understand. Just send me an email.
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03
In the iPix site, it says the Easypano (in the FAQ) is infringing their patents. Not to mention that iPix is running after the commercial users of virtual tour software.

This makes me worry if I become an easypano customer and I use many immersive tours and make adds on the internet that iPix will email me and tell me that I'm using an illegal sowftware.

So this is a question for the easypano users which I might ask myself one day. What makes you think if your business really grows on the internet with using easypano, that iPix will not email you or call you and tell you you're using an illegal software ?

What would you do in this case , yes ?

You would have to stop and rebuild with iPix the virtual tours for all your customers whom you used easypano to make tours because your customers would be angry if you just stopped the tours for them. So you'd have to rebuild everything using iPix.

Some might say if this happens to us we would reply to iPix and just keep on the easypano tours up on the site, but if this happens to me I wouldn'r risk keeping my easypano tours up when we're all used to seeing how iPix keeps on suing everybody.

So what do I want ?
I want the proof...

I want easypano to show me that intel, seimens and FBI are using their software as the say on the first page.

I want to see the links and tours to beleive...
(if they really exist)

Thank you
It is obvious