panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03

Rainman... this discussion has been fielded many times on this forum. I'd advise you research somewhat further into theIp*x issue before being to dogmatic. The reality is that ip*x itself has patent issues and problems. Do some resaerch on Ford Oxxal and have a word around other tour stiching sites. I for one don't really know what the true status is and Easypano won't be drawn into an online debate. Do the research and make your own choises... but whatever you do... don't believe everything you see on the ip*x site.

Wishing you well...

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03
phoenixrising, thanks for your reply but that doesn't explain why I beleive that easypano is posting fake adds to make people beleive their software is legit.

Troy ??? yes since easypano has so proudly showed that their software is being used for troy why cann't they link it ? The link doesn't even show any virtual tour. If they want us to beleive they have to show a virtual tour of troy on the Troy legal website.

But I don't think they can show that. Its for your and my best interest to know the truth. Believe me our interests are common.

Wishing you well too
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03
I don't want to debate easypano I just want them to proof what they say. Just prove it!
thanks again
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-03
With all respect to the great support of easypano, and while waiting for their links to the sites I mentioned, I feel they might delete this thread so if this gets deleted don't be surprised.
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

Hi Rainman... If I follow the link that Easypano posted to Troy you'll see that the company that did some of the Rendering work for Try states that they used Easypanos PW. It doen't mention virtual tours... then again... stiched images are not just used for Tours... which is what is mentioned and stated in the article.

As far as the FBI is concerned... well I doubt that the FBI is willing to allow any images they shoot to be used for reference work. Therefore proof won't be forthcoming. Then again... I'd imagine that the FBI would probably lean on Easypano if they were to claim something thats not quite the truth.

I can understand where ur coming from... At the end of the day however, you need to decide if you want to use the software which works well and is effective. You want to ask yourself if Realtor.com who, as far as I understand it had a "only Ip*x images" agreement, would be willing to let Easypanos products be used on their site. This, if not legal, would surly reflect badly on their product. Furthermore, TW doesn't infringe on anything as far as I'm aware. I believe the debate centers around the stiching of 2 hemispheres. Stich 3 and that problem, if it is one, is solved. If unsure about that... well stich ur panos using something else and decide if TW is for u or not.

For me it works and is a good product range.. and thats from somebody who was also concerned about the legalities and having researched the issue found my perceived risk to be minimal.

PS. I'm not in anyway affiliated to Easypano... I'm just a satisfied user who has a product that works and couldn't care less if they declared they flew to the moon to take panos or not. ;-) 

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
Hello phoenixrising, I went to uspatent website and many links before I came through here. 2,3,4,5 stitches it doesn't matter. Call iPix ok ? Just call and ask if it infringes the patent 2,3,4 or whatever. I also read a message on this forum maybe a year or more back. It says that iPix claims that its the method of stitching images that they have the patent for and I think someone asked them before on the phone and they said that the patent the method of stitching etc.

Which means and sadly that since tourweaver and panowaver uses these methods then they both infringe.

I have nothing to do with ipix and I like tourweaver better becuase of the tours that show direction. I just want to make sure its legal if I use it.

Why would the all those important companies mentioned in the first page want to hide their virtual tours from people ? The tour is meant to attract customers or visitors or as a display. Which means that they would like to show it if they have it. It doesn't make sense to me that would make the tour then hide it from people.

It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

You know so much about ip*x while so little about Easypano. My question is why you not buy ip*x but come to Easypano???   Don't tell me you just want to make sure Easypano software is legal. Every body can see you don't believe Easypano software at all and even try to persuade others to believe Easypano is illegal.

I guess it may disappoint you  the fact that Tourweaver has nothing to with so called 'ip*x patent'. It is not even a panorama stitching software, which means has nothing to do with fisheye. It's funny to insist on your idea without knowing this.

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

Hi rainman, i can see your possible worries about panoweaver but your statement,

"Which means and sadly that since tourweaver and panowaver uses these methods then they both infringe"

is slightly wrong Tourweaver does not stitch the photographs together therefore i dont think it can infringe on iPix patent. its a viewer and used for delivery purposes only.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

Like Neo X, I sometimes wonder if a few of the posts on this forum are from people genuinely interested in mastering the craft of Virtual Tour photography or do they have some other reasons to visit this forum!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
I'm interested in Tourweaver and know about it well enough and also doesnloaded and tried virtual tour 1 and 2 demos. As I said I find tourweaver has the direction featrure to know where you're looking , something which I cannot see in the demos on the ipix website. So if you ask why do I am more interested in Tourweaver its because I don't have to pay each year 1700$ like in Ipix.
To explain further for me to beleive that easypano is legal or for me to believe that ipix will not email me about using panoweaver for stitching.

I'm concerened also if I make adds all over the internet about my virtual tour solution and some of those ipix guys see it. I'm worried that they might call me and say blabla.

So again sorry but all your replies don't answer my questions. If you want customers to beleive you must show the links to the virtual tours on all the sites you mentioned using your software. I mean they have to have at least one panoweaver 360 or virtual tour.

It would be convincing more to see a panoweaver applet than a tourweaver applet on those sites. This reminds me of another question. ipix can still email us that "what did you use to stitch the panoramas in tourweaver" ? I'm sure they have a customer database. They open the database and don't find your name ?..

Anyway lets just hope we get an answer to the first major question and that would be enough; links to the virtual tours or panoweaver tours of those big companies and organizations mentioned on the first page ....

thanks again and waiting :)
It is obvious