panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

For my taste a somewhat aggresive stance that u take here... especially as you don't know if any of your accusations are factual or not.

I'm interested in Tourweaver and know about it well enough and also doesnloaded and tried virtual tour 1 and 2 demos. As I said I find tourweaver has the direction featrure to know where you're looking , something which I cannot see in the demos on the ipix website. So if you ask why do I am more interested in Tourweaver its because I don't have to pay each year 1700$ like in Ipix. To explain further for me to beleive that easypano is legal or for me to believe that ipix will not email me about using panoweaver for stitching.

If u like Tourwever... use it. As it's a viewer and not a sticher... no problems.. no "perceived" infringement. You can import spherical and cylindrical panos.

I'm concerened also if I make adds all over the internet about my virtual tour solution and some of those ipix guys see it. I'm worried that they might call me and say blabla.

As I mentioned before, Realtor.com have allowed TW tours to be loaded to there site... now whilst this does not mean that a PW stiched images is used, it does mean that TW is very OK to use. As far as the ipix patents are concerned... I gather they have patents for 2 images stiches and not for 3. This should, as far as my limited understanding goes, therefore bypass any possible patent issues. I also mentioned that you resaerch into Ford Oxall who actually won a law suit against ipix which meant that they had to get licencing from him.

So again sorry but all your replies don't answer my questions. If you want customers to beleive you must show the links to the virtual tours on all the sites you mentioned using your software. I mean they have to have at least one panoweaver 360 or virtual tour.

I take your point, however, I don't believe that Easypano or their customers are under any obligation to show u anything. Maybe they are lieing to make themselves look good. So what?? If they had a link to these customers tours... well what would that prove... or rather why would that make u more likely to buy the product?? If you like the product buy it. If not don't.

It would be convincing more to see a panoweaver applet than a tourweaver applet on those sites. This reminds me of another question. ipix can still email us that "what did you use to stitch the panoramas in tourweaver" ? I'm sure they have a customer database. They open the database and don't find your name ?..

There are no PW appelts... there are however pt viewer applets... These are for the viewer to show the image, just as in TW. As to being emailed... well u could say that u took the images on a mirror ball or even with film scanned the result and handplotted the images so that they'll eventually turn into an equirec image. At the end of the day... it's going to be pretty tough for them to prove otherwise. Don't forget that image doesn't say how it was made.

Anyway lets just hope we get an answer to the first major question and that would be enough; links to the virtual tours or panoweaver tours of those big companies and organizations mentioned on the first page ....

It's one thing to be unsure about the ip*x patent issues... and without doubt there'll be various view points (depending on whos perspective) which may still keep u unsure. Ip*x will obviously insist that they're the only ball game around and maybe they are. Easypano won't get dragged into the equation... I know as I had the same concerns. Being in Europe... I don't care. Doesn't effect me. However it's another thing altogether to bang on and demand that other companies should disclose the reasons why they purchased Easypano software (if at all), what they're using it for and that they should disclose their work jsut to appease one potential customer. If you feel so unhappy about Easypano possibly praising themselves with fictisious clients... I'd advise you to write an email to those concerned and they'll  ensure that these "untruths" are removed. You could also demend that they show you their work. Yeah sure... Then again it really isn't any of ur business and u don't have any rights to see anything they might have done.

Personally I don't quite understand why ur "ranting" the way you are. If you don't like the software, are unsure of the patent issues, believe that Easypano is lieing about their customers... well just don't buy it. I for one am going back to be productive with my tools of the trade.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
phoenixrising you mentioned very int4eresting subjects that I'd like to comment but this converstation will take forever so I'll breif it. If the case is they are lieing about the adds for companies they mentioned then I'm upset not only for me but for the other innocent minds that see this and think well this software looks legal so lets buy it. Don't you feel sad for those people? I've read everywhere and I feel 99.99% sure that these are false adds, why don't you beleive me ? I went to uspat and also I put the numbers of the patents that ipix claims and read them. I also read many posts in this foruma dn seen that a guy was told that ipix holds patents to 2 or more fisheye stitches. I also read a lot about oxaal ford before my first post. The information about him doesn't stand out and doesn't prove that ipix cann't threaten anyone using other stitching software. So what should I reply if they emailed me ? Tell them to go talk to oxaal ford ? hehe. I have other beleifs that easypano is in china because they know they cann't open in usa or europe. so they took or bought the fantastic software from dersch in germany and went all the way to china because ipix cannot touch them in china.

Frankly I really cann't care less about ipix and beleive me I hated their first payperpicture procedure. But I get angry when I see people who don't know nothing about the subject and get dragged thinking panoweaver is legit seeing these great companies on easypano website (with no links).

Common man.. you wana tell me all these companies in the 1st page are making tours but they don't wana show it to anybody ?

Take care

It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04

Have you considered that Tourweaver can import cylindrical panos, and 360 donut cylindrical panos, which have no connection to ipix at all so there can't be any problems in those cases. So it's only Panoweaver that "might" be a problem

So I think if you are worrying about spending 500 bucks on an assembly program only,  where's the problem?? Also I wonder if you are a big enough client for ipix to give a sh*t anyway. The cost to get you into court alone would run into tens of thousands, and if they won, what do you think they might get ??? I guess you might consider changing your company name and then they would have to start any proceedings again...... I doubt it.....I would think that they have better things to be getting on with, like collecting their fees from their frightened customer base.

Roger The Lodger
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
"Have you considered that Tourweaver can import cylindrical panos, and 360 donut cylindrical panos, which have no connection to ipix at all so there can't be any problems in those cases."

What does what what have to do with what what ??

Listen man I'm not a newbie and tried almost all sosftwares on this planet including much better ones for cylindricaler panoramas, And why would anyone who want to do cylindrical panoramas worry anyway ? I wouldn't and I wouldn't care about cylidrical panoramas cause they suck. I made big projects, an entire project 100 cyl panos with other software and it sucks when you are inside a building cause you cann't view up/down. And why would you buy a fish eye camera/lense and then go the otherway making cylindrical stuff. Cyl stuff sucks relatively comparing to immersive.

Anyway, what does what what have to do with what what ?

Irrelevant subject, sorry. Maybe when I get the links to the companies, I would spend time on other subjects. But since we're waiting, I won't divert the subject sideways. Lets just stick to waiting to the links of the virtual tours....

Since this thread is being viewed more than a 100 times, I think there are other people waiting other than me. Who doesn't want to know the truth anyway.

Thanks and good luck there!
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
Interesting that its 5 years or so since Ip*x held the headlines with their pursuit of so called patent infringment cases in the States. They never did follow up with Helmut Dersch. They seem to have gone a bit quiet over recent years and yet if their case was so strong, why has Easypano & Panoweaver been left to get on with it?

Afformentioned patent issue has nothing to do with Tourweaver.

Bottom line is if u don't like it don't buy it - don't buy Ip*x either - look at Pictosphere instead!!!!!!!

I would think that the corporate clients of EP probably bought the software for internal use i.e training/technical sales brochures etc... can't see any of them selling VT for use on the internet somehow - which probably explains why you can't find any!!!!!!
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-04
A final thought, the corporate customer list does not state what software these clients bought from Easypano. It seems like paranoia to assume they bought software that infringes US copyright - suggest you contact the FBI direct to clarify your concerns.
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05
"Interesting that its 5 years or so since Ip*x held the headlines with their pursuit of so called patent infringment cases in the States. They never did follow up with Helmut Dersch. They seem to have gone a bit quiet over recent years and yet if their case was so strong, why has Easypano & Panoweaver been left to get on with it?"

I think because China isn't one of the countries that agree with the patenting system of the USA so thats why they're there, but we're not.

"Bottom line is if u don't like it don't buy it - don't buy Ip*x either - look at Pictosphere instead!!!!!!!"

You seem one of those very defensive guys who posted before who don't care to know the truth or don't want the links but you look like a salesman from this statement above. This suggests you work for easypano, or you're the same guy with many nicks. Well maybe I'm wrong but this is how it appears to me.

"I would think that the corporate clients of EP probably bought the software for internal use i.e training/technical sales brochures etc... can't see any of them selling VT for use on the internet somehow - which probably explains why you can't find any!!!!!!"

That doesn't explain it. Actually what you're saying explains that these companues are affraid to put anything on the internet so not to get sued.

And that is what I want and tht is what every user with a head wants. I want to know if they are affraid to put anything on the internet so not to get sued then I don't think these billion$ companies are stupid and I will follow in their path.

So in other words, I want to know or I want to see the tours.
It is obvious
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05
I think somebody from Easypano will point you to some virtual tours. Another place to ask for showcases are the PanoTools list on YahooGroups and the Quicktime list or the Realviz/Stitcher forum and the forum of iseemedia.com (Reality Studio).
It's up to you to decide what you want. Scripting the PTViewer applet isn't so difficult at all, and it's free.

IPIX: Here in Europe the case is still open, which means here in Europe there is no valid patent for IPIX.

Everbody can donate money for a lawyer to get around the next hearing in court: http://www.tbk.de/spende/index.htm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05
I am an iPIX customer and use tourweaver. If we have legitimatley bought the software off easypano then its easypano that is liable for ANY legal action and ANY patent issues, not us the customer. we are just exercising our right as consumers to choose which product we use. If Apple used Microsoft patented technology illegally they wouldnt sue the customer. I think rainman is from iPIX. When I first started making virtual tours I was informed by an iPIX representative that they were suing easypano over patent issues and that was nearly 3 years ago. I think if it were true something would have been done already, and rainman sounds incredibly like that person! iPIX cannot stop us using our existing software either, only stop easypano producing/selling it.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-05
I sound like an Ipix person? hehe. Damn I should have become a lawyer instead of business computer, I would have made more money.
It is obvious