Create a Standalone APP for iOS under windows
How to make the .p12 and .mobilevision files under Windows 7 - STEP BY STEP
After having struggled for quite a long time, I have the solution, and I am now happy to share it with you.
This short tutorial will explain how to create those files using a PC without any Mac.
- Having a valid Apple developer membership
- Having installed OpenSSL-Win32 on your PC (it works with a 64 bit Windows version)
1) InstallOpenSSL-Win32 from www.openssl.org at C:\ root if not done, then open a command window (cmd shell) and go to \bin directory :
You are here :
2) Create a private key with this command line
openssl genrsa -out mykey.key 2048
3) Create the certSigningRequest file
Don't forget to write your email address (same as Apple ID) and write the right country code in C (mine is FR for France). CN must be your name (or any name representing you)
openssl req -new -key mykey.key -out CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest -subj "/emailAddressemail@example.com, CN=Olivier, C=FR"
4) Go to https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/certificate/certificateCreate.action and then « Member Center > Provisionning Portal > Certifcates > Development »
Click on « Request Certificate » and chose & upload the .certSigningRequest file you have just created from C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin
5) Once done,you can download from Apple website a certificate, called for example developer_identity.cer.
Open your Windows explorer in the download directory then copy this file into C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin
6) Create the PEM file
openssl x509 -in ios_development.cer -inform DER -out ios_development.pem -outform PEM
7) Then create the .p12 file
openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey mykey.key -in ios_development.pem -out ios_dev.p12
You will be prompted to enter a password you must create (and confirm it).
I have used a 8 character password with letters only and it worked
8) Go to https://developer.apple.com/account to generate a .mobilevision file (just follow the instructions)
Then you'll get the .mobilevision file
9) In TW in th epublish panel you just have to enter the .p12 file, ,the password you created in 7) and the .mobilevision file
10) It's done, just publish the tour (don't forget to tick html5 too !...) and import it into your iPad or iPhone ...
I hope this will save hours for people like me and/or those who don't have a Mac computer ...