panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-03
im digging this....the future awaits.....we will all probaby need to buy one of those lenses that shoots a panorama with 1 shot ...Kaidan makes one i think.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-04
Quote: Originally posted by dsulvett on October-03-2007
im digging this....the future awaits.....we will all probaby need to buy one of those lenses that shoots a panorama with 1 shot ...Kaidan makes one i think.

Umm, NO.

The object here is for "real spherical 360 x 180 with quality" not cheap one-shot mirror reflections with a FOV of less than 120 degrees. But you are right Kaidan makes one via a third party along with 0-360, just don't expect quality of image, nor true 360 x 180 using a One-Shot mirror lens.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-04
I started out with a 0-360 lens and regretted it. The quality is very poor and if you get even a little dust on the lens it shows up in every picture . I spent around $600 for the lens ,but luckily I sold it on ebay for $550. Bought a Nikon Nikkor 10.5mm lens instead. Probably the best purchase I have ever made. Now I can play with the big boy's

I really hope they make a time lapse feature with this PanoWalker. You would think if they can make it seem like your walking through the house by putting a bunch of panos linked together. You could have a bunch of panos linked together in one spot to create the Time Lapse effect. Easypano can I have a early Demo to try this out?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-20

I have looked at the source code of this demo page, there are 30 source images, lots of work and care needed to capture these, but with good on-site methods, this capture could be achieved in an hour, using 3 fisheye shots per node. Using totally manual settings including setting whitebalance to daylight (bracketing is a HDR result is desired), it can be done.

The nodes are spaced about a metre apart, in fact if you click on the track on the floor plan, there is a hotspot about every metre equivalent.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-20

I have looked at the source code of this demo page, there are 30 source images, lots of work and care needed to capture these, but with good on-site methods, this capture could be achieved in an hour, using 3 fisheye shots per node. Using totally manual settings including setting whitebalance to daylight (bracketing is a HDR result is desired), it can be done.

The nodes are spaced about a metre apart, in fact if you click on the track on the floor plan, there is a hotspot about every metre equivalent.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-24
Great idea, I love it BUT
alot of work involved to do it = must charge the customer for the amount of work involved.
I'm sure my customers will love the idea BUT they'll never pay for it.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08
Isn't this the same thing Nuestep is doing? Are you partnering with them?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08
Nuestep examples seem more blurry and loads in a different way.

The navigation process is different too, it relies more on keyboard arrow key than on screen navigation.
There is no associated map with the pano

best

thierry

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-09

I am sorry to say I do not like it. It would take an age to photograph on location, and too long to stitch, you can see the different white balace as you walk along and that is not even smooth. I find that the loading of the scene is too long too. I do not think clients would accept such a wait. I use a Sigma Fisheye lense with a Canon 400D, Manfrotto tripod and Manfrotto Panoramic head 303SPH plus a leveler. I Love using this equipment. I do like Smooth's wish list posted about TW3. By the way I am enjoying TW3 Pro. Maybe one day I can get a top of the range Canon!!

Thanks, Brian

Thank you all, Brian.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-09
I agree with Marktold. Please put in your energy in making a stable TW3, with some features we would like. And then make something new.

Also it looks like a lot of work to make all the pano's (and this would make it expensive).