panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-16

Hey Smooth

Yes, the magic eraser is pretty cool - but it often cuts away unwanted colors (especially if you're using white as a backdrop).  That's why blue or green screens tend to make life easier - less likelihood of finding those bright colors inside your object.

I also mess with manual levels (Shadow/Highlight under Adjustments is good too).  However, I'm not sure what you're calling manual white balance?  Are you talking about curves?

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-07-16

Steiner,

Blue and Green is no good for chrome which I photograph a lot. So White or Black is better for this application. (Chrome being reflective and all!)

Manual White Balance is in your camera not Photoshop. You use the eye droppers in Photoshop Levels to tell the program what is white and what is black

Left eye dropper is for Black

Centre for Grey

Right for White

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-17

Ah, understood (about the white point).   Smooth if you find the time, it would be very helpful if you could list the steps in this particular workflow. 

I've tried messing with your scooter image but am not getting to a point that I could stop using the bezier tool. 

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-19

hey smooth,

i set up a home made little 20" inch studio for small items. using cardboard and white printer paper of 8 x 11.  Basically  i want to go from here to here

www.smooth360.com/swap  just like ur scooter.

my orignals come out similiar to ur originals. meaning the background is not 100% white like this forum page.

i try using the image-adjust levels and im able to get the nice white background color and im able to do this, but the item/model also gets affected and those looses quality and the colors look bad for the item.

what do you suggest?

thanks

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-08-19

I would need to see an actual photo.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-16

thanks for the link smooth.

has anybody seen a viewer from an easypano competitor (isee) that when you zoom into tthe object, it renders and improved higher resolution image. you can zoom in and out and the viewer automatically displays a good resolution of the image.

is there any way to make modelweaver do the same? or use ptviewer for this??