panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-14

Please help inserting single .swf in html

Hi,
I'm having hard time with inserting my tour to a website. When I publish it (Tourweaver 6.50) to Flash VR (swf) it doesn't generate any html file to it, and as a not really advanced HTML user I know only how to simply embed the swf file in html, but I have no knowledge using the Param codes etc.

So when i put it in this simple form the preloader and LoadingWindow is not working when the VT is loading.
My .swf file is almost 20MB so I really need the progress bar indicating that something is actually working properly.

here it is http://studio-360.pl/miasteczkodzieci

Can someone please help with the HTML??

I have no problem using the normal Flash VR, but I want to have the virtual tours in one .swf file.
I think the deal is to use some Params and FlashVars but I'm too confused with the JavaScript and other parameters in generated project file of the normal Flash VR tour to know what and how to do it.

I wish Easypano team will add generating html file while publishing a Flash VR(swf) in Tourweaver.
Wirtualne Spacery Wirtualne Wycieczki Panoramy 360
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-14
Had the same question directed to the EP support, they told me swf is not for uploading to servers, mainly for watching on local devices.

good luck
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-14
Well, i guess - this is because there's nothing to load.
If You use .swf, then all the resources, including scene images, videos, etc... are embedded. And you have to wait for the whole file (swf) to load.
In contrast, if you use normal flash vr, then the swf file is releatively small, it loads very fast and it can do preloading of other resources just after few seconds.
Swf is also a good thing, but for the different purposes. Sometimes i use it when i need to embed tour into other applications.
If You really need to have everything in swf and want to show a progressbar, then you have to create a flash/flex preloader - usually a small swf application which loads your tour swf (while showing progress) and executes it. But i would not recomend it, because with flash vr you have caching, preloading and other good things.

Best wishes,
madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-15
Flash VR (swf) is SO useless then..

thanks for response guys
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-01-15

Easypano only recently introduced self contained .swf format and the reason for it was for people who wanted to integrate into a Flash based Action Script 3 website or project. It is also suitable for CD delivery and sending "proofs" via email.

For publishing to .html web the traditional multi-file  _flash format is best.

That said, Easypano "should" be able to make the pre-loader work correctly with the single self contained .swf flash file. There are other panorama compilers out there that do this.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-15
If the project is not too big .swf works ok.

http://forgetmenotsf.com

Sorry I did not make that clickable. The url tool above does not work on my phone.
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-01-15
Quote: Originally posted by thedhgroup on January-15-2011
If the project is not too big .swf works ok.

Yes, you get to see the panorama but there is absolutely no progress loader and that is the point be raised in this thread.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-17
That is true. When I look at the forgetmenot tour on my android phone the progress bar flashes but for only a second. I don't see it at all on my computer. It would be nice to have some kind of loader I guess.

This is why I use the standard flash output on my site.

www.dakotavirtualtours.com

After it caches, going from page to page on my computer seems to work OK.
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-18
I've created a preloader for those who still want to use standalone .swf's. Not to hijack this thread, i posted info here:
here.

Maybe, EP will create their preloader, too. In the meantime you may experiment with this thing.

Best wishes,
Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-01-19
great job madmux!

thanks for response everyone