panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-19

XML Fed SWF

HI, I see in TW6.5 that you can now place an swf inside the text area which is great. I am trying to put some banner ads within each pano and this seems the way forward. What I am trying to acheive is to have external control of the banner ads so that I do not have to re-publish the tour everytime.

This can be done via XML but I cannot find on the internet a standalone swf that will let me do this only embedded swf which of course will not work.

Any thoughts anyone :)

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-19
Well, it depends on what are these banner ads which you want to embed int your swf: swf animation files, images or texts.
With texts - it is a simple matter. I don't know components, but you may ask some freelance programmer to make it for you for some 30$.
With images - it is also a simple matter if the images are located on your server. If not - there are some restrictions (flash does not allow to view external images), but it is possible bypass it. Though this requires additional programming.
As with animated swf files - it is also not very hard to write swf preloader (as the one i offer for preloading tw tours), but better the swf files are located on your server.

Sorry if i didn't help you with developing thoughts. Also i think that finding such the app and using it might be hard, because that flash app should load ads according to scene names. So, the app should be oriented at using it with TW.

Best wishes,
Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-19
Thanks Madux, it would be images and they would be stored on my server. Sure I can make animated swf with the images I need but when I have to add additional images I dont want to have to update the swf file and re-upload the tour eveytime. I may be able to just replace the swf file on the server keeping the same name and see if that works.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-19
Maybe it would be easier for you if you use images in textarea and just replace images on the server keeping the same name?
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-19
Thanks Madux, but I could not add additional images that way :(

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja