panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-25

embed external information in a popup-win

Hi,

A customer will like to add/change information (restaurant menu and/or announcements) in a vrtour.
Is it possible to embed external information in a popup-window.
- play video from YouTube (or equivalent)
- information from a HTML page

Someone know how, or is there a work around?

Thanks in advice,

Harry.

..............................................................................................................................................

Home is where your hard disk is ;)

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-01

No one with a brilliant idea  [:^:]

HA

..............................................................................................................................................

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-01
I just had a google search if it might be possible to load an external html file into a swf file, so that you could place that one on a pop-up in tourweaver.
Unfortunately, that's not possible.
And now that I think of it, tourweaver is a flash authoring program, so I think that it's just not possible to accomplish this in tourweaver at all due to flash restrictions..

Groeten,
Ronald

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-01
No, not really truth. Youtube offers it's API to stream youtube videos using external flash applications. And that's not really hard to do (technicaly, if you are a programmer).
Strange, but with information from html site which you would likely get via rss or other format is not as easy, unless tour is on the same site. A simple proxy needs to be written to work on the site tour is published in order to "rewire" data flows. An example we have created some time ago: http://www.virtualivizija.lt/en/rss-integration
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-01

For now its time to go to bed.

Tomorrow evening I will take a look.

Thanks for your reaction.

HarryA360

VRtour.eu