panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-25

HTML5 Tours with Linux Servers??

Hi All,
mybe I've meet a problem with Linux Servers. Now my HTML5-Tours for iPad/iPhonework work fine locally (MS IIS Testinstallation) and on Windows HTTP-Servers in the Net. But everytime the generated folder with the HTML5-files is hosted on a Linux Server the tour hung at the very beginning of the load process... (only the unsharp image is shown and the process bar hangs at start and nothing happens).
Can anybody confirm this and/or have a solution for this???
Kind regards
/Ralf
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-03-25

You MUST NOT use any capital UPPERCASE letters or special characters, parentheses etc when a Unix or Linux server is in the picture.

Bad: Living Room (1).JPG

Good: living_room_1.jpg

This rule applies right throughout your files. In every aspect.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-25
Hi Smooth,
thanks for your quick reply - but ... I've had considered all this.
My panos names are foyer (foyer.jpg), damen (damen.jpg), herren (herren.jpg) and youngfashion (young_fashion.jpg).
Formerly i used young-fashion.jpg but i've changed this (because of I think the minus is also ok) - with no result.
The tour hung still at Loading...0% when hosted on a Linux :(
Nice regards
/Ralf
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-03-26

Be sure to check at publish settings and folder naming also.

My tests show it works so all I can do is offer what little advise I can.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-26
Hi,
yes, and I'm very thankful for your assistance!
The tour works now - I only rename the folder in html5 instead of html5-tour !???
OK, so be it...
But I've directly the next problem. How is it possible to close the tour on an iPad (or so) to go back to the homepage (The tour hast to be started manually with a link inside the flashcontent div)?
Set a hotspot with an URL back to the site - but this didn't work. All other hotspots to other panos work fine! Putting the Close action to the hotspot didn't work, too. I put the Link fully qualified with complete http path (and works fine in the flash version)...
Nice regards
/Ralf