panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-01

How to embed a Facebook "like" button

Hi guys,

anyone installed a facebook like button into a TW tour yet? If so what was your solution? Thx for your input.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-01
Hello!

The only practical way is to add FB like button (button code you get from facebook) into html as an overlay over flash panorama player.
Alternatively you may add FB like and other social buttons above or bellow you panorama viewer.

Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-01
Hi Madmux,

I would like to be able to add a series of various likes anyhow. I'm not much of a programmer but understand the overlay tactic. Ideally I'd like to be able to retain the ability to drag resize the viewer, which to my understanding requires me to have all content in the view screen only to avoid forcing a fixed screen size. I'd love to have a popup window open and add various likes there.
Maybe somebody with more programing knowledge could develop a little add-on to facilitate this. Or EP even add another little tool to allow us to add "social" buttons.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-01
Well, you have to go for some compromise if you want a Like button painlessly. You may create html design in such a way user doesn't suspect that there are html elements.
Facebook needs its own sandbox which is basicly iframe containing Facebook code. This allows to "like" easy way (as facebook controls it). So, if you want to have a FaceBook like button in Flash - you can have it, but then it should call a function which resides in html javascript.
That's is kind of complicated and and involves 3 parties (flash, TW/html and Facebook/html), i.e. you won't be able to produce .exe and .swf. Because of this it is also a bit complicated to develop easy-to-use add-on.
So, i doubt that we will see it soon, but of course i can not speak for EP. Let's hope for the best :) Everything is possible ;)

Best wishes
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-11
I asked the same question a few months ago HERE

I ended up adding my links to the html page just above the tour. Not really pretty and not what I want but it works.
HERE is what it looks like.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-14
Thanks for that Pixellator,

now that woud be a neat little addon function that EP could introduce as an option for the html output.