panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-06-21

Link Thumbnail

Just landed a pretty nice job that will have 9 pano's in 3 buildings. Also will include 3 different floor plans. One floor plan for each building.

Here is where I'm needing some guidance. They like the thumbnail bar across the bottom, easy enough. The thumbs however are going to be building 1, building 2 and building 3. We are wanting to be able to click on say building 2 and it open the pano and floor plan for that building.

Ideas on how to go about it?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-06-23
Hi,
If I understand you would like a virtualtour as the example.

http://vr360.altervista.org/

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-06-23
 Hi Pixelator,

This is only an idea which has not been tested, but would start out something like this and is based around multiple thumbnail strips and transparent buttons..

1. create the tour with ALL images included in the normal way.

2. create a transparent pop-up along the bottom of the viewer, untick the hide option then add the thumbnail strip. Add only the 3 building images into this. These thumbnails will always be visible which will allow viewers to choose which building to view at will.

3. create another transparent pop-up, say at the top, (or anywhere else you like on the viewer window) set to hide popup initially and add another thumbnail strip then add only the images for the first building

4. do step 3 for each building

5. create 3 movie tracks, one for each building. The quickest way would be to copy the first movie and delete the unwanted frames. You can also choose to show the all images movie as the default movie or one of the buildings on their own.

6. Now the problem to get the correct thumbnails and images to show like 3 different tours is to add transparent buttons over the bottom thumbnails and assign all the actions required to show correct maps and thumbnail strips. Remember to add close popup actions to all thumbnail popups that you don't want to see.

I hope that helps get you started on the right track (pardon the pun!)

Willie

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-11
Quote: Originally posted by PERPOL63 on June-23-2011
Hi,
If I understand you would like a virtualtour as the example.

http://vr360.altervista.org/

Thanks for the effort!  But no, I want this done through "Thumbnails".

Quote: Originally posted by willie on June-23-2011
 Hi Pixelator,

This is only an idea which has not been tested, but would start out something like this and is based around multiple thumbnail strips and transparent buttons..

1. create the tour with ALL images included in the normal way.

2. create a transparent pop-up along the bottom of the viewer, untick the hide option then add the thumbnail strip. Add only the 3 building images into this. These thumbnails will always be visible which will allow viewers to choose which building to view at will.

3. create another transparent pop-up, say at the top, (or anywhere else you like on the viewer window) set to hide popup initially and add another thumbnail strip then add only the images for the first building

4. do step 3 for each building

5. create 3 movie tracks, one for each building. The quickest way would be to copy the first movie and delete the unwanted frames. You can also choose to show the all images movie as the default movie or one of the buildings on their own.

6. Now the problem to get the correct thumbnails and images to show like 3 different tours is to add transparent buttons over the bottom thumbnails and assign all the actions required to show correct maps and thumbnail strips. Remember to add close popup actions to all thumbnail popups that you don't want to see.

I hope that helps get you started on the right track (pardon the pun!)

Willie

Thanks, Willie for the input!  Seems like alot of work for a simle task?
Here is what I ended up doing;
Wanted thumbnails and the only thing that came close was to create a "thumbnail" in photoshop and place it in the tour via the Insert Image.  From there I was able to do exactly what I wanted with quickly adding the floorplan to the currently viewing tour.

I will play around with your suggestion on a rainy day though, thanks again!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-12
You are right pixelator, your method is a lot less work and in your project the better option. I had a look at inserting an image (I don't use this option so that solution didn't spring to mind) and found that all the actions are available and stackable. So I think we both learned something. Thanks for sharing!