panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-06-27

Removing tripod automatically

Nice to offer upgrades, thanks for that.

What I really need is a way to remove the tripod using a picture of the nadir without the tripod !

I don't like the tool currently available in PW, which artificially, try to reconstruct a nadir.  This does never give a correct result, which makes it, for me, simply useless.

Using a picture taken without the tripod is far better, but imposes the usage of other products.

PW needs to add a "mask" feature, which would be of a great help to remove :

• tripod
  • undesired part of pictures (walking persons, ...).

Best regards,
Dominique

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-06-27

Simply take a photograph of the area where the tripod/panohead was positioned. This is called an offset nadir shot. It can be shot hand-held or by tilting the tripod. I find Panoweaver stitches these into place quite well. Getting the angle right can take a little practice and it is not always a success. That said, result are typically good. Panoweaver biggest problem is that it has no way of leveling the scene. But you are right, moving objects do require a masking feature to aid in it's use. The blenders, either PWBlend or Smartblend only get you so far.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-06-27

Hi Smooth,

I alreaedy tried this, but didn't succeed in !

I used an alternative tool to do that ...

I'll have a new try !

Best regards,
Dominique

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)