panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-04

Lots of questions

Hello all,

I know these are a lot of questions for 1 subject, but I have searched endlessly for an answer and just can't seem to locate them.

1. I am taking exterior and interior shots of our property. In one building I have 3 condos - 2 on the midfloor and 1 on the top floor. From the outside, the customer can click on a hotspot and be taken to the interior of the condo. So let's say the exterior is 1 shot - with 3 hotspots.

Once the user is "inside" a condo, there will be an additional 10 photos of the interior. (Dining room, bedroom 1, and so on)

Now - for the question. If I create an EP for condo 1 and publish it with it's standalone 10 photos is there a way to link that .swf file to my exterior shot so in effect it would be a 1 + 1? Or do I have to have something like 1 + 10 and then another 10 and another 10 for all 3 condos giving me a grand total of 31 images for 3 condos?

2. Same condos - My first shot is of the dining room. I want to make a statement like "Seating for 8"

When the user leaves the dining room and goes to the master bedroom I want to have a statement like "King sized bed"

Here's the problem. When I have the text for the dining room, it continues on into the bedroom scene. If I change the bedroom scene to say "King sized bed" that text will stay even if I am in the kitchen.

I know this has to be easy but I just can't find out how to have 1 scene - 1 descriptive text.

Thanks for your help. Mike

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-07-06
Quote: Originally posted by Hunters Friend on July-04-2011

2. Same condos - My first shot is of the dining room. I want to make a statement like "Seating for 8"

When the user leaves the dining room and goes to the master bedroom I want to have a statement like "King sized bed"

Here's the problem. When I have the text for the dining room, it continues on into the bedroom scene. If I change the bedroom scene to say "King sized bed" that text will stay even if I am in the kitchen.

I know this has to be easy but I just can't find out how to have 1 scene - 1 descriptive text.

Thanks for your help. Mike

You need to add a "Text Area" from the "Description" menu and add this into position on the stage. Then click the "Spanner/Wrench" tool in the "Properties and Actions" next to the wording "List Values" this will open a pop-up window. Now select scene from the Source: drop-down list and highlight the the scene from the list available the add the text you wish to display with the selected scene into the box/window pane in the right by simply typing in this window or use the folder "icon" to browse to your .txt file or image etc that you want to be associated with each individual scene..

Do the same for each scene.

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-13

Thanks for the shout back, but I must be a dunderhead.

I have looked for the better part of 30 minutes for this "Spanner/Wrench" tool you are mentioning and don't see it. I have followed your instructions to a T but it is just not there.

Is it possible this tool is not located next to the text box but in another screen with 6.5?

Thanks, Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-13
Hi Mike, next to the Words List Values, there is a picture to the right of a small Spanner. its in Vrs 6.5,6.0, 5.0

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-07-13

Click this spanner icon.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-13

Like I said...dunderhead...

Thanks Smooth for your patience and help.

Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-15

Hey Smooth,

When you get a second, could you take a look at http://huntersfriendresort.com/panotour/RW23/rw23/_swf/rw23.swf and give me your thoughts on why my text area is messed up?

In preview mode it is fine (locally) but when I publish, the text area rises about 1/4" and the control buttons also jump back to the right.

If you need screenshots I can toss some of those up as well.

Thanks, Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-15

Interesting...

When I clicked my link in the post above, it opened it in IE9 and not a popup viewer...

Anyway, you can see the link and window at this page. http://huntersfriendresort.com/rooms-and-rates/rockwood-resort-condos/rockwood-condo-23/

The 360 icon is at the bottom of the page.

Also, I am using the ichibanya skin. Using that skin in default, I can double click the screen in preview mode and it opens up to full panel, but once I publish it my display stays at 640x480 and will not allow the screen to expand to full size.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-07-15

You MUST publish and link to the controlling HTML page and NOT only the .swf file.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-15

Okay Smooth, just to show I am not looking for someone to build my website, I went through every resource I could find and came up with nothing. I even downloaded the user guide but it is really old - Version 2 or somewhere along those lines.

When you say I must publish to the HTML page not only the swf - I am taking that to mean I have to have both link (somehow) to the same viewer. (Not sure how that is even possible)

I have published the file in both swf (my preferred preference) and Flash VR.

TW then creates all of it's files which I have then uploaded.

If I put up both the swf and the Flash I have 1 executable that launches a popup viewer (swf) and a text link that launches the movie inside of windows full screen.

(But, the changes on my text area are holding in the html link.LOL)

I have followed the instructions for the html file and pasted them as they are

<a title="#" onClick="javascript:window.open('TourWeaver_rw23.html','_blank','status=yes,resizable=yes,top=0,left=0,width=640,height=480');">TourWeaver_rw23.html</a>

but that still only gives me a link that opens in the viewer and not as a popup window.

(I think part of the issue is that I am working with Word Press on my site and it is tricky for javascript)

Thanks, Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-07-15

And BTW - your website is out of date. It shows TW V5.0

When I get ready to upgrade to V6.5 Pro, I will definitely buy from you and I do appreciate all the advice you give.

Mike