panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-12-30

Issue with Flash/HTML5 Dual Tours

With TW6.5 you could publish a tour in flash/html5 and the html 5 tour would just strip out the spherical panoramas and the map and automatically resize them for ipad and iphone.

With the TW7 trial ive been using it is instead taking my whole tour including 1000x740px background, thumbnail strip and map viewer and displaying the whole lot without resizing it to fit the ipad or iphone.

This means that I'm going to have to build my tours twice if I upgrade to TW7, once for flash format and once again for html5 format.

It worked great before in TW6.5 and the toolbar it automatically created was fine for opening the map or 360 thumbnails, why change it for this? Why not just add still images to html5 tour the same way you did with 360's?

How do I create a tour for HTML5 that I know will actually open properly in an ipad without having to scroll around like they used to?

The old pop-up thumbnail strip in the HTML5 tours with TW6.5 was perfect, can you revert back to that?

I was excited to upgrade but all the extra work I will have to do now makes it a waste of time for me and I'll stick to 6.5 if things stay like they are now in TW7.

Jeff.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-12-30
If you look at this tour I made with TW6.5 you can see that I create a bit more with backgrounds and buttons for the flash tour and the html5 tour is created for me automatically and sized to fit and with the buttons and other stuff stripped away nicely.

http://www.virtualtourpro.com.au/alpineproperty/arlberg008

I thought the whole idea of the dual flash/html5 feature was to be able to create two tours automatically from the one?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-12-30

Jeff

Nice tour.. do you shoot bracketing and merge photos for HDR to get such beautiful inside outside details?

Do you have a link to see what happens in TW7

Interestingly enough I did a test with TW7 and I see what you mean. (weird) also since I haven't upgraded yet I get the faded outline of the cubed images of the tours in HTML5 - only on the iPad2 not in Safari run off the PC.
(excuse the images I was testing a new pgm to merge HDR)
Test with TW7 Htmls/Flash Auto
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-03

Hi Lee and Tempestlight,

The problem of Ipad 2 cubic line issue is fixing by our developers.Thank for your feedback.

For publish Flash/HTML5 tour issue, we add some new features about HTML5 tour but other parts are same.For iPad and iPhone,the viewer also can be resized to fit the iPad or iPhone as tw6.5 according to our developer.However,if you want to make it more suitable for iPad ,they suggest you make 3 different skin. We delete GoogleMap settings in the default toorbar,because you can have a button to control the map viewer and you can aslo customized the size of scene viewer instead of tw6.5 "default full screen for every HTML5 tour".

I suggest you try "Scale to  Browser Window" when you build a new project.

For details, please check this page:http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html

Best regards

Cheer

www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-04
Hi Cheer,

I liked the TW 6.5 HTML 5 tours with the skin stripped away! Think about it, on an ipad/iphone with a smaller sceen why would you want a bulky skin? It just gets in the way of viewing the panoramas and images.

The fact that TW 6.5 stripped away the skin I made for my standard flash tours was Perfect! This gives the ipad/iphone a better experience with the virtual tour. I'm not going to build three seperate tours for flash/ipad/iphone every time using three sereapte skins I have to build myself for each device. That will waste my time and I don't want the skin with ipad/iphone anyway. And you should make the software smart enough to optimise a tour for ipad/iphone as you are professional developers, not me.

Jeff.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-04
Check out this tour as this to me is perfect for dual flash/html5

http://www.virtualtourpro.com.au/alpineproperty/coolrunning

Look at it in flash and then look at it on an ipad. The way the bulky skin is automatically stripped away for the ipad is Perfect! If you add stills, why not add them to the standard thumnail strip that TW 6.5 already makes for the html5 tours? That way it would stay clean and simple and with add still images on the thumbnail strip people would have an enhanced experience with the simple layout which really suits ios devices.

Jeff.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-08
Any chance the other functions will be added to HTML5? I would like to add URL link, which works fine in flash, but will not on iPad/iPhone in HTML5 export.

Saw the v6.5 output you all created. Seems the HTML5 is better flushed out than the v7 software.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-08
I agree with Jeff. Adding any kind of skin to the html5 tour would be completely counter productive. It's tough enough to simply click on the menu item that opens the thumbnails to the scenes on an iPhone.....I can't even imaging someone trying to navigate through a skin unless you were about 5 inches tall with very small fingers :)

However I can also see the benefits of rendering with a skin if someone is viewing on the much larger iPad.....but more people have "iPhones" then iPads so we would be targeting the wrong user.

Why not give us the best of both worlds and create an option to render stripped out tours exactly like the html5 tours in 6.5? You obviously already have the code created in 6.5 so it's just a matter of copying and pasting ;)

In my opinion this should be a core feature because having to manually create multiple tours is silly.

Makes sense to me :)

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-09

Hi Jeff.You will never find no software in the internet that has been designed according to your wishes or convenience.Unfortunately!

Unless if ordered a special program, and that will cost a lot:(

whit some little extra work you can do a good virtual tour for flash and html5.

for me i prefer to design a flash tour then after that i copy my project then mend it to be an iphone tour:)

also image backround is good in ipad tours if supported.

regard