panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-24

2 questions - popup & FOV

Hello everyone.

I have a few TW questions. Can you guys perhaps help me?

1) I was wondering if it is possible to link a pop-up window to a certain scene?
When you enter a scene I want to display a popup window.

I know it is possible to add a hotspot (an arrow for instance) and assign an action to open a popup window. But what if someone enters a scene from the tumbnail box?

2) The initial FOV is limited to 120. Is it possible somehow to change that to perhaps 150 or another value?

regards
Morten

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-02-26
Quote: Originally posted by madmux on February-26-2012
- maybe Cheer will help.

Re Cheer: See thread

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Madmux,

Thanks for looking into this.
For me it would really mean a very big step forward. Personally i would prefer to be able to use at least three alternatives of navigation and it just is impossible to connect all buttons with popups.

what about life after cheer, will it still be possible to find a way of connecting scenes to popups?

or is it just by flashthumbnails?

Thanx for your research!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
just in general, how come radars do not have actions?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Hi Madmux

Thank you for your help with this.
I don't understand the technical part, but I am annoyed that it isn't a standard feature in TW. I have used other software packages for a couple of years now, and it is more or less standard in all other tour building software packages... strange...

It is the same issue as with a couple of other small - but to me important features. Like setting the FOV higher than 120...

Thank you so much for your efforts. Can I also ask you how I can use this feature now? Do you sell it as a plug-in or ..... ?

regards
Morten

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Madmux,
Since we are on about it, and you being our lead into the mysteries of scripts/programming/magic, could it be possible to insert code that enables weblinks in the "text area" function!
This would at least enable some kind of scene connected interaction. For me the textareas then would actually make up for the popups. They would have almost the same functions then as popups....almost.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Hi again

I did it like I described it in the first post.

1) I deleted the original thumbnail bar from EP and manually added thumbnails as small buttons.
I assigned an action to open the info box in the lower left corner.

2) The hotspots inside the panorama (the arrows) was also assigned actions to open the info box of each scene.

Even though the new info box opens before the scene changes it works ok.

HOWEVER - the BIG problem is the time used to to it like this.....

1) I have to manually make thumbnails
2) It is not a problem to assign the action to open the info box, BUT I also have to assign actions to CLOSE all other pop-up windows.

This tour is only 6 scenes, but for every tumbnail and for every hotspot / arrow I have to assign 5 actions to close all other potentially open info boxes.
Imagine if the tour consist of 20 scenes?????

I like EP due to its ease of use and because I can build a tour in no time. But if I have to do a lot of fixes like this, it is quickly becomming too time consuming...

Oh - I almost forgot..... the tour can be seen here:

http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/skovridderkroen/_flash/skovridderkroen_tw-skovridderkroen.html

regards
Morten
tour
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Morten,

I agree with you on all points and add that it is not possible to open a popup from map-radar.

Your tour shows exactly how something simple like your info window becomes an great obstacle,

although in your case it is easily fixed by using the "textarea" then set an image of your popup to connect with scene.

But, for those of us wanting to interact further with popups, by adding links, textarea is not enough
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
I believe Homer Simpson would say it like this.....:

Dooooohh...........

A simple text area would have solved my small issue - But I choose to make 6 info boxes in Photoshop and assigning a total of 138 actions....

Well now I know for next time :)

And I agree - some things are just not logical at all. EP should look a bit closer at what other tour building software packages do...

regards
Morten
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
problem is the easypano fonts look like a horrible nightmare!
So the 6 info boxes are still very useful, in TW and textarea just mark scene and click the folder button, this enables you to add pictures to the textarea.

it would be great if all the best would be combined, i dont like the turning speed of the panos, when you make to big movements with the mouse your EP-pano will spin out of control, Flashificator is a big step ahead on this.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-02-27
Quote: HOWEVER - the BIG problem is the time used to to it like this.....

1) I have to manually make thumbnails
2) It is not a problem to assign the action to open the info box, BUT I also have to assign actions to CLOSE all other pop-up windows.

I think i have quite a usable solution on the automatic appearance of the popup. I'll make short tutorial and will provide a link for download.

Regarding second problem - i already have a solution. Look here:
http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/9 and the operation of the plugin is demonstrated here:
http://www.virtualivizija.lt/demo/closeit/
Using this plugin i made a tour which handles ~50 popups (closing specific range on entering scenes).

For all my plugins i require a bottle of the good wine (national preferably) ;-) Just kidding, although - it would be nice :)
I decided to make all my plugins donationware soon. So - you will be able to download all of them and see if some are really useful and only then donate as much as you want.

Best wishes,
Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3