panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-22

tours not working after chrome update

My google chrome had updated on my laptop to ver 21.0.1180.83 and since then tourweaver 7 tours do not run.
my desktop chrome still worked but when I checked version it auto updated from 21.0.1180.79 to 21.0.1180.83 and no longer works!!
anyone else noticed this??

example Sale Sharks stadium
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
I was also sent this update. It did nothing for my tours. They still give me a blank screen in chrome.
mmetzing
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
Can you provide a link to your tours so i can test for you?

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
http://www.etourvision.com select the samples page. None of them work in Chrome but all work in IE
mmetzing
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
To Smooth: You will also notice there is no header as that was built in TW7 as well. Worked fine till the update.
mmetzing
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
Ok, I tested your Waterfront tour in the following browsers:

Internet Explorer = Yes
Safari = Yes
Opera = Yes
Firefox = Yes
Chrome = No

Did you download the very latest build of Tourweaver 7.0?
Did you go to the "resource" folder in the program install directory and get a "copy" of the TWViewer.swf file?
You need to get this file and uplaod it to the "root" directory of your Waterfront tour replacing the existing version.

If the tour was built with TW 7.0 it is a straight swap. If the tour was built with TW 6.5 you must rename it to all lower case twviewer.swf to match that of the original.

The original 6.5 twveiwer.swf is sized at 236kb and the TW 7.0 replacement is sized at 354kb

You MUST clear your browser cache before the new version will work.

All that said, the Google Chrome browser is the ONLY browser your tours are not working with (until you swap the twviewer.swf file) I'm not sure how popular Chrome is as a browser? It doesn't rate very high in Australia. Still, all should work and this is one of the downfalls of an integrated Flash player that is builds behind all other browsers.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
Quote: Originally posted by panozon on August-28-2012
Hi all

Adobe send me a notice of an update for the flash player

and when i install the update all easypano virtual tours now works fine in google chrome 21.0.1180.83

Can you share the link ?
Tours still do not render in Chrome on my end.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
Quote: All that said, the Google Chrome browser is the ONLY browser your tours are not working with (until you swap the twviewer.swf file) I'm not sure how popular Chrome is as a browser? It doesn't rate very high in Australia. Still, all should work and this is one of the downfalls of an integrated Flash player that is builds behind all other browsers.

Regards, Smooth

Mate, if only one person (the client) uses Google Chrome then at that point it rates pretty high.
Whether we (tour providers) use one browser or another, an iphone or a droid, a mac or a pc, our product has to render! PERIOD.

Unfortunately it is just not a good time right now for tour providers. HTML5 has not yet been recognized as the "standard" and flash has one foot in the grave, leaving us to float around in a virtual black hole.

madmux hit the nail on the head:
Quote: Originally posted by madmux on August-24-2012
Flash might be dying, but Adobe isn't.
The thing is that developing for HTML5 (HTML5 is actually fine, but its programming language, javascript is pain in the ass and is not designed for large projects) throws us back into the stone age. If TW has a number of bugs, then the same project in html5/javascript will have couple times as much bugs because of programming language features.
Therefore several frameworks exist to overcome shortcommings of javascript, for example one can develop using java or cpp and then it is translated into html5/javascript.
Adode already has a nice framework, so i am just waiting for Adobe to make an export of flash projects into html5/javascript or native apps.
That's how i see it from developer perspective.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Until we get to this point, there are going to be many more frustrations.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
I agree it should work on "all" browsers (even stated as much) and we hope everybody would get on the same playing field and play the same game.
My point to mmetzing is that it was not as dramatic as he had stated. Saying his tours only worked with one browser which was clearly not the case.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28

To Smooth: According to the web statistics for browser usage as of July 2012 for USA:

IE=16.3%

Firefox=33.7%

Chrome=42.9% :(

Safari=3.9%

Oprea=-2.1%

mmetzing
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
According to http://gs.statcounter.com/

So yes, Chrome browser is growing and obviously needs to work for your clients. Still under 25% according to the last 6 months. What was suprising is the lack of support for Firefox. (Maybe they are the new Nokia/My Space etc?)
I'll be sticking with the least used Opera thanks all the same.

Regards, Smooth