panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2012-08-24

Updates of Easypano products

Dear All,

Both Panoweaver 8 and Tourweaer 6.5/7 have been updated, resolving the tour displaying issue the latest Chrome 21.0.1180.83.

It's strongly recommended that all the users update the program. You can download the new installers and replace the existing ones on your computers: http://www.easypano.com/free-trial.html

Please be aware that all the installers of Tourweaverand Panoweaver listed on Easypano Download Center are the latest ones updated today.

Regards,

Joe

Easypano
The Virual Tour Way
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
Quote: Originally posted by mmetzing on August-28-2012
Has anyone tryed other software that compares to TW? What is recommended? I wont go through this repeatedly. Easypano....what a waste of money that was!!!!!

Panotour Pro is about as close as you'll come. If you choose to go that route I would recommend taking some time to learn the in's and out's of XML.

For your tours that are not rendering in Google Chrome, please do the following.

Download the latest Tourweaver
Once the download is complete, find your way to the program folder.
...Program Files (x86)\ Easypano\Tourweaver 7.0 Professional Edition\resource

In the resource folder you will find a few TWViewer.swf files. Upload those .swf files, overwriting the ones currently on your server.
* I did have to rename mine from TWViewer.swf to twviewer.swf.

Open Google Chrome, click the wrench icon and go to settings. Click History, Clear All Browsing Data, Drop Down Selection Should Be The Begging Of Time, Select Check Marks next to History, Cache and Cookies.

Tours should now render properly in Google Chrome.

I too am looking for an alternative to Easypano (user since 05)! However, I feel the same problems are going to present themselves across the board with flash dying and HTML5 still not the "standard".

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
NEW TWViewer.swf FILE KILLS FLV VIDEO PLAY IN TW6.5!!!

So, swapping out the TWViewer.swf did the trick for the display issue in Google Chrome, However!!

It also disables any .flv's that you have incorporated into your tour, rendering them unviewable.

Definitely not a good fix.
Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-28
After doing some more testing I have discovered that the videos will not play in Chrome, however will play with any other browser.
Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-30
I confirm that swapping out the twviewer.swf file solves the display issues in Chrome however the thumbnail box no doesn't work properly. The arrows on either end of the box disappear so you can't scroll through the thumbnails to select a different pano in your tour. Also the spacing between the thumbnail images in the thumbnail box disappears. They are all bunched up and next to each other edge to edge.

EP you need to fix these issues ASAP. I can't use the new patched twviewer.swf file as it breaks other important features in my tours!
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-30

Quote: Originally posted by Nick on August-30-2012I confirm that swapping out the twviewer.swf file solves the display issues in Chrome however the thumbnail box no doesn't work properly. The arrows on either end of the box disappear so you can't scroll through the thumbnails to select a different pano in your tour. Also the spacing between the thumbnail images in the thumbnail box disappears. They are all bunched up and next to each other edge to edge.[/QUOTE]

Hello friends from EP's Forum,All these things described by Nick are happening only in Chrome or are they also affecting other browser viewers?

I'm really afraid of downloading a new build from EP containing a lot of bugs. I won't download nor replace any file while I'm not sure that EP fixed all error issues.

Excepted not running on Chrome, all is almost fine. I can't do the same as when I upgraded from TW6.5 to 7. It was really disappointing to have to expect almost 3 months for a stable version.

Only to clarify my thought,
I think that is a browser's mistake issue. Google should be more attentive to these errors. All is perfectly working in other browsers, that constantly are been updated, and it is an update of Chrome browser, only, which urged it to not be able to run tours.
All is working in IE, Firefox, and also in Safari.

Thus, it is Chrome which becomes less attractive than the other browsers. We are working to develop things that everybody can see everywhere. And it's running! Only Chrome doesn't work.

But all I spoke about EP above didn't become false, and I want a solution.

I wait answer,
Thank you in advance!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-30
So the problem is that TW tours work fine in all browsers, but not in the latest Chrome version? Sounds like Chrome has a problem, not Easypano.
I'm quite sure that these issues will be fixed in the following Chrome version, no need to panic. If I'm not mistaking, Chrome isn't used that much anyway..

Later,
Ronald

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-31
Quote: Originally posted by vilmer on August-30-2012
If I'm not mistaking, Chrome isn't used that much anyway..

I thought that also, but apparently Chrome is the Number 2 browser in the USA and growing! Go figure...

The fact it runs on a different version of Flash/pug-in to every other browser is a MAJOR problem and lets face it HTML5 sucks. Every tour builder struggles even with the very basics on that new format.

Yes, not all the blame is Easyapno's, but they are not doing themselves any favours lately leaving questions unanswered and fobbing off their customers.

Currently "tours" are a black art to deliver successfully and who's fault that is?

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-31
Yes, I choose not to upgrade to 7 since I do remember the version 2 mess.
I'm surprised about the number of chrome users, in fact, I don't know anyone who uses it. I have it only installed for testing purposes.
Anyway, I'm sure it has google's attention and it will be addresses with the next update. There also seems to be a problem with viewing flash projects and security stuff on your own computer.
Later,
Ronald

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-31

Dear friends,

I really prefer Chrome, I just have on pc some others. Chrome was the best until now.

But we need to notify Google about what is happening. Don't forget!

Go into a web page of a published tour and in: Customize >>Tools >> Problem Report! and send to Google your case. It will be good for everybody on this forum.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-09-03
and what about tw7 and smartphone?; they didnt repair that; other thing; it is possible to create a virtua tour with tw7 and replace flash folder for a virtualtour 6.5 ; because i prefer to create two virtualtour and see them in a smartphone or tablet; what i should change in main index?

how we know that in a future we will not have same problem with chrome ( i mean to replace same file) i think it isnt professional

thanks a lot