panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-09-02

help on how to embed tours in webpages

Hi everyone

I am new to Tourweaver and Easypano. I am just testing the software to see if it does everything I need it to before I buy it. I have created my first tour and now want to embed it in a webpage.

Does anyone have any sample code they could share with e on how to embed a tour into a webpage please ?. I want the tour to display within the webpage rather than just a button with a URL linked to it.

Any help would be appreciated .

Many thanks

John

JohnSh
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-09-02
Easypano's software produces (2) .html files each time you publish.

1 page is purely for the code for a pop-out page containing the tour the 2nd page is the tour within a page.

So it is the 2nd html file you want. You need to copy the code and paste it into your own webpage. (Use your favoured HTML Editor or simple Notepad) You need to copy everything between the opening and closing "script" tags (including the script tags). This is the opening script tag <script> and this the closing </script>.

So open the Easypano published tour page and look for the opening script tag <script> and copy and everything inbetween including the closing script tag </script>

Paste the copied copde into your webpage bewteen the <body>code is pasted in here</body> tags.

So your html structure will look like this:

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<script>
paste tour content in here
</script>
</body>
</html>

It is important that you keep the file structure. So wherever this new html file is. You MUST keep all the other contents that Easypano software generates to make the tour all get placed in the same folder/directory as this new html page.

Search the forum for other examples and explanations on this same topic. It is something that has been answered many, many times.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-09-02
Hi Smooth

The HTML file shows the following

Note:
1. Please click the following hyperlink to view virtual tour.

TourWeaver_Moomba2.html

2. How to embed this virtual tour in my web page?

a. Copy the following code and paste it in your own web page;

<a href="#" onClick="javascript:window.open('TourWeaver_Moomba2.html','_blank','status=yes,top=0,left=0,width=1024,height=599');">TourWeaver_Moomba2.html</a>

b. Copy corresponding resource files, including Scene, Sounds, config_Moomba2.bin, , images_Moomba2.zip, swfobject.js, twviewer.swf and TourWeaver_Moomba2.html to the folder of your own page. Please keep the file structure unchanged.

Generated by Easypano Tourweaver

i.e. There is nothing relating to <script> that I can find or am I missing something ?

Thanks

JohnSh
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-09-02
Yes, you are missing plenty! LOL

You want to read/inspect html source code.

In this case the .html file you want is not the one you quoted but the other named TourWeaver_Moomba2.html

Open this page with Notepad or your HTML code editor. Right Click>Open With>Notepad (or whatever). Another way is to simple drag the .html file onto an open blank Notepad file. Or you can view the source code with just about every browser.

Everything is "section b" you quoted above is relevant. You MUST keep the file structure as I already mentioned.

Again, search the forum it has been covered many, many times.
Example 1
Example 2

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-09-02
ah....OK - i understand

However, my customer websites will be linking to my own server, so I guess I need to change the following so they point to my server as follows (where 'moomba2' will be the customer name under the root directory of my website)

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.rothleytennis.info/moomba2/_flash/twviewer.swf", "sotester", "600", "380", "9.0.0", "#FFFFFF");

so.addVariable("iniFile", "http://www.rothleytennis.info/moomba2/_flash/config_Moomba2.bin");

so.addVariable("href", "http://www.rothleytennis.info/moomba2/");

Does this look right for these 3 and/or are there any others I need to change ?

Thanks

JohnSh
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-09-02
forgot to say that all the TW published files and their subfolders will be under the 'moomba2' directory (as per the 'output' directory that TW puts them in when they are published.)
JohnSh