panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-06

HTML5 workarounds

Hi guys,

Phoenixrising here... though somehow my old handle still exists on the old forum but the same mail address has "restarted" me as robert1... how weird.

I#ve been asking a few questions regards TW6.5 / 7.0 I have a number of tours that I need to publish, one of which is a demo for a very sizeable 260 location contract.I'm hearing that there are various bugs with TW7 which puts me off offering the facilities and am thus opting for the more stable, albeit limited in functionality, 6.5. I need to ask your advice/consensus on a couple of issues:

• In 6.5 I can add buttons and a thumbnail for HTML5 panos. Is there any workaround to add popups or images/text of any kind?

• I also need to be able to add links to FB and Twitter as well as external links. Any workarounds here if I have to stick with 6.5?

• i don't reaaly require many other bells and whistles, therefore if you guys say that 7.0 is stable enough to provide these features then I'd be happy enough.

• However, I would like to be able to add ound, movie tracks, videos etc. in the flash version of the tour. Are there any major issues that I need to consider here with 7.0 as 6.5 will deliver most of my needs in this format.

• I see that HTML5 will resize the panos to 500x500 pixely tiles. Is there therefore an optimal size for the initial Panorama as I like to sharpen the images to size.

• If adding popups for text and images in 7.0 is stable for HTML5 use is there an ideal size? If not, this would be a great addon feature in futures versions of TW as we'd be able to make 2 versions of pop-ups for both ipad/pc and iphone/android use.

• Talking of Android... so whilst we have an optimised html5 version for iphone we don't appear to have an optimised version for mobile use on Android phones. Should I thus consider nother version of a giventour for Android optimised to bandwidth.

• Talking of bandwidth... now that mobile devices are such a player in the market I feel transported back about 6-7 years when we had the same bandwidth issues with landlines. Is there thus a best practice in creating mobile optimised output?

I really appreciatte your input and apologise if things have been covered. But maybe this is an opportunity to be up to date with present stance of things as there are many messages across the forum.

Rob aka Phoenixrising

iPanomedia "The social people" MAC Book Pro, CS5,5, Canon 7D, Sigma 8mm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-06

Oh yes, and can I open TW6.5 tours in 7 without any problems with the programming?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-07

So... not much response... actually none... :-(

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-07

Perhaps the time has come to start looking at other solutions such as kolor autopano, krpano, etc? Unless easypano starts responding reassuringly to increasing worries over new development such as proper chrome support (44% browser market share), android support (samsung now selling twice as many phoneas as iphone per month), they will drive away their customers.

I have started testing out other software and who knows, maybe one day I'll just make the switch and never look back. Starting to feel like  i did before I switched from Exchange/Outlook to Gmail/Google Apps a couple of years ago. That was the best thing since sliced bread.