panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-08

Multiple Tour Linking using .exe exported tours

I posted this earlier on a different, related thread, but have seen no responses ... so I am trying a new thread.

Is there a "trick" to linking .exe tours?

I am also trying to link multiple tours as a "stand alone" - but when I create a button with "Link to URL" - pointing to a specific .exe tour - it comes up Invalid Location.

I am using C:\Tours\xxx.exe as the "link", with a destination as _self. I have multiple tours in this "Tour" folder, but so far - I cannot get a single one to work from the Main Page/start tour.

-Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-08

Hi there Mike,

I wish I had the answer for you... alas I'm not adept at html or relaited folder structure issues. However, I do have a room of guys next to me who sort these problems for me and will ask them.

To facilitate this I need to understand. I presume you want to link various tours in an offline modus. I managed to solve this problem 8-9 years ago when I was sending clients cds with 20 tours embedded and had someone write some script.

If you don't mean that and instead mean linking tours online then self with link to the url makes sense and should work. Is that what you're trying to do  you'll obviously be linking to a url_self and have various tours loaded on a server.. at least that's what I do.

As said, I had to have someone write a little java script to make the embedded tours work within a given offline environment... Let me know what you're trying to achieve in more detail and I'll try and find a solution...

;-) Rob

iPanomedia "The social people" MAC Book Pro, CS5,5, Canon 7D, Sigma 8mm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-09

Robert - thanks for the reply.

Nutshell of what I'm trying to do:

The project needs to be "stand alone"/non-networked i.e. "kiosk"/local with no access to a server.

I'm attempting to create a series of Tours that are basically linked from a "Main Page Menu" i.e. popup window.

This "Main Page" has only a sectional artist rendering of a large area that one would be able to "roll over" multiple specific sections - "highlighting" as one rolls over the different sections.

I then want to be able to click on a "section" and be able to go to Tours of that section, and that section only, and only Scenes within that "section" would play in the 'movie'. To go to another "section", one must go back to the Main Page.

Additionally, I have several video's that I want to have optionally accessed from the Main Page (and Main Page only - not popups from within Scenes).

I wanted to use .exe exports, mainly because they just plain work better as stand alone's. I

-Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-09

For some reason - my complete response has been truncated.

I like exe's because my company puts heavy security on "Active-X" or "Flash Security Warnings" when I use HTML on local playback. I haven't figured out yet how to overcome this ... I don't get them when I use the .exe output.

-Mike

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-11-09

Sounds like you require an .exe compiling program.

Look to Autorun MAX!

or Autoplay Media Pro, 1st Autorun Express among many others.

Run any of these program names through Google.

These programs will allow you to build a menu with buttons that can launch seperate .exe's or .html pages etc. Either locally from Harddrive or via CD/DVD rom.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-09

Smooth - thanks! ... I'll look into these!

-Mike