panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-03-15

Tour deployments

Hello all.

Thank you in advance for your help with this question.

I am going to be producing my first tour with Tourweaver. It's for my best client and I don't want to screw it up. It will be deployed on a site with a potential for hundreds of thousands of visitors. (not kidding... I'm scared to death!!)

The hosting team is asking me to tell answer these questions, but I don't know the answers yet...

1. What is the format (codec/wrapper) of the virtual tour video?

2. What components on the web server need to be installed?

3. How do we deploy the virtual tour package to the web server?

4. Any other technical requirements?

If anyone out there, including support, (I have written several times with no response, not a good omen) can answer these questions, it would help me a lot. I see that there are a few very involved people on the forum and this job could save our small company, please help.

I requested a sample project deployment package (all the files related to the tour) in flash and html5 (the house demo) from easypano, but have not received a reply. The hosting company would like to see what the files look like.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Wally
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-03-15

It sounds like you are a bit over your head especially if this will be your first virtual tour.  There really isn't anything to it.  All they need to do is place all the files in the same directory on the server and either link directly to the html file or embed the html code on their specific page.  Thats all I can realy tell you.

interactive360
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-03-15

Do not despair.

We have a bunch of experience in a lot of different areas and bright people working on this. We'll figure it out. All I need to know is what kinds of files the system generates for each format.

I am assuming that there will be an swf file and some assets and that the HTML5 will be html with some assets right?

Thanks for your help!!

W.

Wally
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-03-15

Make a project and export it and look at what files are exported. It's really not that hard. You will see all the information you need.

interactive360
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-03-17

Really appreciate the feedback. That is the plan, but there are many features that we wanted to be part of the test.

I have received the project files from support and the project has been approved!!

Thank you for your interest in helping me interactive360

W.

Wally