panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-05-17

PC/MAC - iPad/Tablett - iPhone/Android issues with design and layout

Hi guys,

I want to update a series of tours I designed for various clients and have been waiting for the 7.5 update. I have a couple of queries and hope you'll be able to answr these.

I know that TW outputs Flash and HTML5 as well as a series of smaller images for phone use. However some of my tours make liberal use of pop-ups and maps which won't fit on all plattforms. Whilst I'm happy enough with the same layout for PC/MAC and iPad I need to limit thze amount of elements that I can publish onto the phone. The maps and popups just don't fit onto the phone format. So is there a way that I can publish the tour for PC/MAC and iPad/Tablett use and then do a seperat layout/design job for the iPhone/Android that I can put into one folder and get autoselect? As far as I can tell the HTML5 version just has differnet image sizes for ipad/iphone. But I need to design differnt sized popups for the iphone/android.Do I have to do something to the code? If so what?

I hope you guys can help me here and thank you very much in advance.

Rob

iPanomedia "The social people" MAC Book Pro, CS5,5, Canon 7D, Sigma 8mm

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2013-05-20

I have submitted the request to our developer. In fact, we also consider the proper size on iPhone before but it's difficult to zoom the components to a proper size. Because the sizes of mobile devices are various.

At present, it is suggested that you design a particular tour playing on iPhone or Android phones.

It is not easy to meet each other in such a big world.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-05-20

Well I am saying that I will design a seperat tour that works for iPhone/Android.Just how do I set the files together so that auto detect will show the tours for PC/MAC and iPad/tablet and then seperatly iphone/android?

The issue I need to clarify is what do I do then. I can create a tour with pop ups that will work both on tablet and PC because they have a certain amount of screen space available - eg. 500 px map - however I won't be able to use these elements because the iphone/android can't deal with file size and image size.

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2013-05-21

Just like what you told, the size of smart phones are various. You may design the tour according to resolution close to most smart phones.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-05-22

Sure... but what do i do to package the tour so that the PC/MAC/iPad/Android tour and the seperate iPhone/Android tour are autodetected and then played? As far as i know I can do one or the other.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-05-29

Hi Jack and others:

I'm sure this is all covered somewhere else. We're moving forward with the virtual tour for our college and have shot dozens of 360 images.

In the end, it sounds like we will probably create three versions:

PC full-featured Flash version

Tablet HTML 5 version

iPhone/Android HTML 5 version

I've debated this a bit, but we really like some of the options available in Flash (movie clips).

Any good examples out there of clients who have done similar versions?

Oh, and ipanomedia ... I didn't even realize autodetect was an option ...

Tom

Tom VB

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2013-05-30

We also noticed that HTML5 is a tendency so more features are supported in HTML5 format in Tourweaver7.5. We also want to, as almost all our users, offer a version in which features supported in Flash and HTML5 are identical, but it is not a short and smooth journey since HTML5 becomes popular in recent years.Thank you for your understanding.