panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-08-14

Work around or code needed to create a 3rd variant of a tour for iphone use - this I think is required by all!

Hi,

I've been reading about the various issues with the new version of TW and some of the frustrations by the fan community. It even appears that there are fewer of us left, which is a pity for EP, the product and the community that used to thrive.

In the meantime I'd like at least to be able to create some updates for my clients with minimal hassle and knowing that at least a range of element work 100%. Then at least I can wait for bells and whistles.

Therefore I hope that some of you have found a solution, can share a workflow, help with some code or similar for an issue I need to resolve.

Here is a update of a tour, one of my first somewhat more complicated tours, that still needs some tweeks for iPhone use. I've been redesigning popups and have rebulit the Tour initially designed with TW6.5 and thus only in Flash. I rebuilt as I found opening a 6.5 Tour to update to /.5 a buggy experience.So whilst it wastes some time on rebuild... I use the time to redesign the tour somewhat more mobil focused and avoid version update bugs.

Actually, I really need more control of the iphone output. I mean, it's all well and good that we now finally have pop ups with the ability to add something as basic as url links in HTML5... however I need the ability to have seperate popups/pop up configerations for PC/MAC/Tablett devices and a second set for iPhone/Android phones.

I redesigened the help, copyright, room pop ups to fit iPhone output and have centered all the pop ups to ensure position on the iPhone display and am redesigning some of the other pop-ups to fit.I also removed lots of the buttons on my controls popups as I need to be able to fit them on the iPhone output as wellI also have a pop up map which is to large for the iPhone. I don't want to go to small wee maps as I liek the 3D maps I use but need a solution for the iPhone output.

So who knows how to help me with this? I'm not a coder, so what code and folder changes must a make to have a different selection of popups optimised for iPhone and one for the rest. I'd hoped it would be as easy as just publishing the MAC/PC/Anroid version and then changing popups and publishing a second version optimised for the phone and just swapping some folders or adding a bit of code and some files.

Link to Hotel tour

iPanomedia "The social people" MAC Book Pro, CS5,5, Canon 7D, Sigma 8mm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-08-20

It is a pity that there is no response on the forum as i'm sure that many of us have problems with different pop-up sizes for different devices. As I can't wait around any longer (I have been waiting for a good year) for all issues to be resolved I've just had to comprimise by adding smaller pop-ups so as to ensure visability on iphone devices.

This is not ideal as I'd like to add far more funtionality on pop-ups which are a fundamentle part of a tour. However, as we're being forced to consider the lowest dnominator ie the size of a mobile screen, we're being forced to comprimise on high quzality imagerary for larger screens. I think I'll just have to add 2 buttons for users who want to use a tour. 1 optimised for PC/MAC and 1 that leads to a tour desigend for Phone.

Please test this tour for me on tablett, Android Test

iPanomedia "The social people" MAC Book Pro, CS5,5, Canon 7D, Sigma 8mm