panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-11-22

Neverending Problems

Been having neverending problems with Tourweaver v. 7.70131017... between hotspots failing to show up in the map and YouTube videos not playing within the tour, I'm at the end of my rope. 

I have contacted EasyPano time and time again. I've sent them my tour files for testing. I've waited for responses. Even when EasyPano finally gets back to me with a response, their answer is essentially "works fine for us". Even when I get something other than "works fine for us" in way of response, it's usually a request for me to send them my tour files so they can test it, which then results in playing the waiting game. I'm constantly stuck waiting for them to get back to me and when they do it's an email in the middle of the night with no real answers or solutions to my problems. I've followed all their advice/solutions/steps to the letter (most of which I'd already tried without their guidance), hoping against hope that it'll finally solve my problem, but nothing changes except another day (or 3 or 4) has gone by that I've been unable to put out a fully functioning tour. What do I have to do to get some actual timely support from EasyPano? Better yet, what do I have to do to get my tours to come out of Tourweaver functioning properly like they appear to be when I preview them inside the software???

I've spent countless hours now changing settings, adjusting the files I'm loading into Tourweaver, poring over the forums looking for another user who had the same problems and found a solution, and waiting for EasyPano's support team to provide me with answers to my questions. All I'm asking for is a little timely ACTUAL assistance, for the hotspots I place on the map of my tour to actually be visible, and the YouTube videos I embed in my tours to actually play without having to watch it on YouTube's website. Both of these features are available as options within Tourweaver, but neither of them works... well, unless I'm at EasyPano's HQ - then they work just fine.

Like I said, it's just neverending problems with this software. Support isn't all that helpful either, especially considering I have no support available during business hours here in the US. Maybe we'll get lucky and the next version will actually work the way it's supposed to. Until then, I'm stuck with the same problems and more time spent without functioning tours while I wait for a solution other than "refresh your browser's cache" from EasyPano.

Chad1
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-11-22

I could have written that Chad, spot on!

Gordo

Gordon
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-11-26

So they finally got around to emailing me a fix for the YouTube issue, but still no sign of a fix or work on their end toward fixing the issues with hotspots in the maps. Becoming ever increasingly frustrated with EasyPano.Maybe I'll get lucky and have an email response arrive around 4am tonight.

One other little quirk I've noticed - if you happen to plug in the wrong image for a scene or map and attempt to replace it with the proper image (or if you make a change to the image for your scene or map), it'll end up adding the file but with 1_, 2_, or some other numerical prefix depending on how many times you've made a change to the image (or so I'm guessing). For whatever reason, deleting the image and re-adding it doesn't jive with Tourweaver's delicate sensibilities and often times this causes the whole tour to publish with errors... or at least that's what I've been encountering when I accidentally load the wrong image or load a version of the image prior to the final version I wanted to load. Every time this happens, I'm forced to scrap the tour entirely and start from fresh to get it to publish correctly. Anyone else running into this issue?

Chad1
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-11-29

Hey, Chad, Any reason not to just revert back to 7.5 and leave the headaches of the beta version to others? I gave 7.7 a go, but realized it wasn't fully baked.

Tom VB