panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-03-06

Old Tours in Java

This was already posted by Tom1 without an answer.  What do we do with our old tours created in Java to get them past security settings.  Is there a patch?  Here is an example.  http://jmhomes.net/virtual-tour.php?virtualTour=trina&page=small-plans

Please respond soon.  I have clients who have been happy for years very irate today.

Wayne

Wayne123
Alternate Text
Forum Admin
Send Msg:
2014-03-06

dear customer, please change the security level of your JAVA setting to medium level and then the old tour will play just fine

Ricky
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-03-12

I'm really surprised there are not more people posting about this issue.

Yes the Java tours still work if you go into the Java control panel and drop the security level down from the recommended High (minimum recommended) to Medium.  The problem is, few people would know to do this and fewer people would bother or want to risk dropping it to Medium.

Do you think there might be a certificate code that could be added to these older Java tours?  I would very much appreciate if the folks at Easypano to check on this and find out if there is some code that we might add to these older tours, maybe some kind of certificate so these VTs continue to work.  As it is now our older Java tours according to the Java are "untrustworthy", they can not be trusted according to the Java "JRE Version 1.7.051-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM.

I have been contacting my clients that I produced Java Virtual Tours for in the past and offering to convert these older VTs to Flash or Auto-select Flash/HTML5, for a fee.  The Flash conversion using TW 7.7 works quite well but there is a lot of tweaking but the HTML5 version does not convert everything so I have to make excuses to my clients.  I have picked up quite a bit of business from these older clients signing up to produce new VTs for them with new 360s.

Creating Virtual Tours is my main business focus and I have been using Tourweaver for over 10 years, beginning with version 1.01 so I have over 100 tours designed in Java.  Many of these tours, even the ones that are 10 years old, were still up on my clients websites. The earliest tours I produced were shot with a BeHere 360-degree single shot lens on a 4 megapixel Nikon Coolpix 995, so the quality of my tours have really advanced over the years.

Tom1
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-03-24

I'm with Tom.  People aren't going to reset their security levels.  My clients want a fix for their tours not an excuse.  They have paid me once for the photography, why should they have to pay again?  My quality has also increased over the years but many of the tours were for builders who have sold the houses and now have no access for a re-shoot.  What are we going to do to keep them happy and us from looking like virtual tour photographers using non-secure software?

Wayne123
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-03-25

Are you going to answer the inquiry?  My customers want a solution. Why is the TourWeaver product triggering Java security settings anyway?  Is there an issue we should be aware of?  Spyware, AdWare?

I've been using your product for years and have a lot of tours on the market.  We're talking about reputation for my business. What is the solution beyond users resetting their Java security?  Users will just go to competitor websites.........

Wayne123