panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-19

Links to external sites not working

Another unbearable issue I found today is that no link to external sites works anymore.

What I get is an error message from Flash Player:

So, Flash stops unexpectedly, and I have to reload the page to get back to the virtual tour. It seems that Flash can not open new windows and crashes.

Links are set as Link URL, Destination _Blank.

Why does this happen? I need to find a solution because I want my VTss to contain links to external pages.

Please I need help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-22

I have also the same problem, external links brings these message "shockwave flash has crashed".

For example these tour http://vt.panovision.co.il/SCE_english/sce_english.html,

I get it crashed when clicking the tour logo

Any solution ?

Ittay
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-22

Same problem here, looks like last flash update nailed us, (bad in my case I have THOUSANDS of links not working) for a temporary solution Im republishing HTML5 ONLY so it cant autodetect and select FLASH...down side is the FLASH specific functionality (some very useful) is not there. Im sure our friends at EasyPano will figure this out...but as for me personally...if I can get by HTML5 ONLY...screw Flash altogether...Easypano could make a fix for this most recent update only to have them kill us again with the NEXT "version"

Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-23

Steve,

you mean that you can view Html5-published VTs on Windows OS?

I'm not able to view them, they simply don't open. Am I missing something?

Alternate Text
Forum Admin
Send Msg:
2014-05-23

Dear customer,

Thank you for the detail, the bug you mentioned is fixed by our developers and now undergoing some more testing, and we will update the installer next Monday.

Ricky
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-23

I'm also having the problem. Glad to see it's not just my tours. I'll check back Monday for the fix.

Thanks EP Will this fix all versions of TW? I have TW5.00.100701

Jerry

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-24

Steve,

you mean that you can view Html5-published VTs on Windows OS?

I'm not able to view them, they simply don't open. Am I missing something?

Originally posted by rosco on 2014-05-23 01:23

Hi Rosco!  Not sure if I explained fully, but TYPICALLY I publish with Flash AND HTML5 option with the _AUTO folder and Im assuming linking to that HTML file in that folder determines if its someone with Flash or HTML5 and sends them to the correct tour? SO recently I ONLY publish in HTML5 so they have no choice but to play the HTML5 tour...does that make sense?  Heres a link to one of our HTML5 ONLY tours, which seems to run fine viewed on a windows device as well?
http://www.dtsmokies2.com/360/annabeths/_html5/annabeths.html

Rosco see if you can play that HTML5 tour on your windows devise? I BELIEVE im forcing the windows device to play HTML5 as opposed to TRY and grab the Flash version which has the temporary bug (which our friends at EasyPano have tentatively aalready fixed and will be providing us a 'patched' version in a few days?
Steve

Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-26

Steve,

thankyou for your answer and your explanation. So you publish your project in Html5 only, but my problem is that Firefox can not view it properly. This is what I get:

There are some lines across the screen, and tour does not work at all.

Too bad, all the tours I publish in Html5 don't work in both Firefox and Internet Explorer, they are viewed incorrectly, buttons are not displayed, controls don't work, etc. so the Html5 tour is completely unusable.

What version of TW do you have? You have a Windows OS or a Mac?

Thankyou for your feedback!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-27

EP,

Has this been fixed yet?? I did not have the issue earlier, but my latest publish has this issue - which has suddenly cropped up.

Gputhige

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-05-27

Hey Roscoe!  Im using TW 7.80 140523   Never saw lines like that?

Now if I understand right, some of the functions do not carry over from flash using straight HTML5.

I personally do not use my old skin that had like a floor plan, radar, bouncing flash baloons etc if I only publish in HTML5, I only use the 'default' skin and it SEEMS to work well on PC's and phones, but I believe the 'flash' verson loaded faster, smoother, and had better transitions when using like 'walk thru' on the HTML5 publish, sometimes on slower connections when click on say an arrow to go to next scene using walk thru, it will zoom  in, then spin out of focus for a while, THEN transaition to the next scene, not sure if its just a slow connection issue or bug, anyone else notice this?

On other words if I used my favorite old 'skin'and publishing HTML5 only, some elements did not resize properly as they did in flash, so recently Im using default skin, Im even hesitant to republish with the fixed version in auto mode (which supposedly provides user with flash tour if possible) as who is to say the NEXT great flash update will not blow tours up again???? Anyone have any thoughs on this?
Steve
Roscoe, Im using Windows 7

Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-06-08

EP, has this been fixed? If so where do I download the fix. I'm using TW5-Pro.

Thanks

Jerry