panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-06-11

Auto Device Detection Help for smartphones

Does anyone out there or easypano care to chime in with a solution to auto detection for devices?  The auto detection works great to choose between flash or html5, but as of late we have been producing two versions of the virtual tours... a version for computers/tablets and a version that is optmized to display on smartphone.  This optimized version removes much of the clutter so the virtual tour is easier to see on the smaller screens.  So as of right now i have to have the viewer manual select if they want the smartphone version... is there a way to have the auto detect page point to an optimized version for smartphones?  I don not have much background in writting code for these types of things so any help would be great. Just a thought for Easypano, but as smartphones keep gaining popularity it would be nice to be albe to develope and export an optimized version for smartphones directly from TW.  That way we do not have to make another entire seperate project.

<script type="text/javascript">
function getBrowser() {
var browerInfo = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
var typeInfo = (browerInfo.match(/msie|firefox|chrome|safari|opera/) ||"other")[0];
var pc = "pc";
var prefix = "";
if (browerInfo.indexOf("ipad") > 0) {
pc = "ipad"
} else if (browerInfo.indexOf("iphone") > 0 || browerInfo.indexOf("ipod") > 0) {
pc = "iphone"
} else if (browerInfo.match(/Android/i)) {
pc = "android"
} else if (browerInfo.indexOf("touch") > 0 || browerInfo.indexOf("mobile") > 0) {
pc = "touchMobile"
}
switch (typeInfo) {
case "chrome":
case "safari":
prefix = "webkit";
break;
case "msie":
prefix ="ms";
break;
case "firefox":
prefix = "Moz";
break;
case "opera":
prefix = "O";
break;
default:
prefix = "webkit";
break
}
return {
version: (browerInfo.match(/[\s\S]+(?:rv|it|ra|ie)[\/: ]([\d.]+)/) || [])[1],
plat: navigator.platform.toLowerCase(),
type: typeInfo,
pc: pc,
prefix: prefix
}
}
var _url="";
var isPC = getBrowser().pc;
if(isPC == "pc"){
_url="flash/virtualtour.html";
}else{
_url="html5/virtualtour.html";
}
window.location.href=_url;
</script>

interactive360
Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2014-06-12

Hi, interactive 360, have you tried auto scaling feature of Tourweaver 780 main components, like thumbnail, popupwindow, mapviewer, Google,bing mapviewer? Can that meet your requirement, do you think this feature is helpful for viewing tour with smartphone?

Jasmine

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-06-12

Those are nice features and I will probably use them, but the issue goes beyond just what i discussed above.  When viewing the virtual tours on an iphone for instance all the graphics are enlarged, so I still need to have another version either way. I have figured out a way to direct it to an iphone version and I could do the same for android, but there is no way for it to select a regular html5 version verses a smartphone version.  Make sense?

interactive360