panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-07-09

Tourweaver wants me to register my software... again

Yesterday morning I launched Tourweaver and it asked that I register the software. I'm running it on the same computer as always, and the software is installed on only one computer.  I tried to register and it failed.  

I entered a new support ticket yesterday morning and described the problem. I got a reply last night that said that I'm trying to run the software on a second computer, and that is not allowed.  But that is not true.  I had already lost a day of work with the software, and this reply was not helping.

This morning I got a reply asking if they can use remote access software to look around my PC.  I said fine, but I suspect I'm not going to hear back until tonight.  I have a project that is now past due to my client, and Easypano support does not seem to be coming to my rescue with any urgency.

Does anyone know what might cause this, and how I can fix it?  

Rob
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-07-10

Hi Rob!  This may be a longshot, but TRY first creating a new account in Windows, full access, log out of your regular account, log IN with the 'new' account, and try running from there, let me know if this works.

May God Bless,

Steve

Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-07-10

Steve - I tried that... didn't work.  Here is more info.  My PC usually resides in my office.  However, I moved it to a client location for a few days, and that is when I could no longer access TW.  Easypany tech support accessed my machine and got it where I could once again use the software.

However, I justed moved my PC back to my office the software is again asking me to register, and the registration fails.

I believe that EasyPano may be using IP Address to form part of the PC's "fingerprint."  They are attempting to stop people from installing the softare on additional machines. If true, I'm getting caught in the trap, because my IP address changed.

I'm waiting to hear back from tech support.  Still dead in the water.

Rob
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2014-07-11

Could be Rob, makes sense about the IP deal. If its a critical situation Id be glad to try and build the tour for you, holler if I can help discoverthesmokies@charter.net Im in USA Eastern Time but stay up very late in to the morning...

May God Bless,

STeve

Steve