Review TW7.95 Comments and Bugs
I was very excited to see the release of TW7.95, but at the same time fearing the possibility of dealing with many bugs like previous versions. To my surprise I was very excited about the results I got from my initial testing. Overall I would say that this version exceeded my expectations and I love some of the new features that are available.
Here is a list of some the issues I encountered while working with the latest version:
1. Within the loading window the loading bar is not correctly anchored to the center on export in flash or html5.
2. When trying to select a color from the swatches panel I found it difficult to select a color. When trying to select a color it would pick the color but not change on the tour and would revert back to the last color selected. After playing with it for a while I discovered that if you click the color selection button and do not release the mouse until you hover over the color you want the selection would work, but if you clicked the color selection button and released the mouse and then clicked the color you wanted it would fail to select it.
3. When you add a sound to a scene and have background music for the entire virtual tour they will not play at the same time, but if you start a video while a scene sound is playing they play at the same time instead of only playing the audio form the video clip.
4.The sound controller does not work in HTML5 (IOS) as you slide the bubble back and forth nothing happens (does work if you test on a desktop in firefox). In Flash the controller works but it only shows the bubble not the white line to the left.
5. When using a toggle button and adding the mute/sound action it works fine in flash, but in HTML5 the button has issues... when the tour starts the muted state is showing and when you click the button it mutes but shows the unmuted state of the button... at first I thought it may be that the images are flopped but after more testing I think it has somehthing to do with the actions. So for instance the action description says (stop/replay sound) so if you let the entire sound clip play and click on the muted button state it starts the audio over and now shows the correct state of the button. So there is something wrong with the action itself I believe. It shouldn't replay a sound it should just start or stop it.
6. The Still Image action shows the image but when zooming in or our the quality isn't very good.
1. When creating a popup allow the user to choose an anchor point for the box from the menu Currently you have to creat the popup and then go to the properties panel at the bottom to select the anchor point.
2. Is there away to control the size of the virtual tour as it appears on different devices? So for instance on an iPhone 5s I took a screen capture and see that everything is exactly the same dimensions as the tour I created, but on an iPad Air the tour scales (just the graphics not the actual panos). So instead of a height of an image at 90px its 180px. It looks fantastic on both devices, but it would be nice if I had the ability to scale it on iPhones or smartphones because some of the of the content does get a bit small. It already apprears that there is some way to do this because between the iphone and ipad air they are showing at different sizes. Does this have to do with smartphones vs. tablets? Is there something I can do right now? Is there some sort of menu option easypano can create to allow us to choose how it displays? Or maybe is there a way to develop a controller that the viewer can scale the tour smaller or bigger depending on their display and preference?
<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimal-ui" />
There may be other issues that I did not come across, but all in all i am very happy with the progress of TW7.95. Keep it up Easypano and fixes to these bugs will make me very excited.