panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2015-07-28

Bing Maps API NIGHTMARE!!!

I am hoping someone can help me here as I have now wasted hours trying to solve various issues in this software and I know the issues aren't due to my system.

Before we start, the specs:

Using Tourweaver 7.96.150430

Windows 7 64bit

Before anyone says anything about the machine it is a large quad core with 8GB or RAM and was brand new at the same time I purchased and installed tourweaver.  The PC is in perfect health but I doubt the same can be said for Tourweaver.

Trying to publish a tour using the auto flash/html5 option.

The map is in a hidden popup window which appears after a button on the main window is clicked.

Using the Google Map key works fine in the html5 part.

When I try to use the Bing Maps API key to get the map functioning in the flash part IT WONT WORK.  I get the same greyed out window every time and I have tried EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE API that Bing maps offers.

Would someone care to help me with detailed instructions (more detailed than easypano help files at least) or can someone confirm that this is yet another bug in tourweaver that will probably never be fixed?

Matt

NOTE: This software was purchased for a commercial venture and at present has cost the company over 3 weeks of time with various problems and inconsistencies.  We are hugely unimpressed and are on the verge of seeking compensation OR complete refund from easypano as at the moment the software is not fit for purpose.

Matt

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2015-07-29

Hi Matt,

About the bing map API key, does it work in preview mode and online mode? Or it doesn't work no matter you view it in preview, locally or upload it to the server and then view online?

Could you please send your project file to marzo@easypano.com by www.wetransfer.com or dropbox? Then i can test here to see what's the problem.

You can use "save as" option under File menu to save your project file, please send me both the .tw file and the folder you saved.Thank you!

Best Regards,

Marzo
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2015-07-30

Hi Marzo

Thanks for the fast response.

I published in auto format twice with the same project name.  First using the Bing Key and then using the google Key.  I then took the Flash bing version and put that with the html5 google version in the same named auto folder so that the map will always work when it is hosted online regardless of device.

Google version works in preview AND works locally.

Bing version works in preview BUT does not work locally.

We have not uploaded to a server yet as our website is still under construction so I can't confirm if it does or does not work on a server.

I have emailed you dropbox links for the 2 identical projects.  One with the bing key and one with the google key.I hope you can solve this as it is a major headache that won't go away.

Regards

Matt

Matt

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2015-08-04

Hi Marzo,

Is there any update on this as I have not received a response.  I have resent the original email with project files but really need a solution to this.

regards

Matt

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2015-08-11

Okay I'm moving from confused about a problem to really irritated now.

It's been 13 days since my original query.

It's been 11 days since I emailed you all the files and details that were requested.(No acknowledgement received to the post or the email).

It's been 6 days since I posted again to ask for an update and resent the email with the files and the information to you.(Again, no acknowledgement received to the post or the email).

At the moment I feel the need to point out that this as far as customer service goes is shockingly bad. Not only have I been sold a product which can't do what it is advertised to do, it seems easypano either don't care or are not answering because there is a fault which they can't explain or fix.

So Easypano, I have 2 questions.

1.  Are you purposefully ignoring this or are you just really slow at emailing people?

2. Who do I need to contact directly regarding seeking compensation from you for a sub standard product?

Matt

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2015-08-20

Hi Matt,

Did you get the e-mail we sent to you from support@easypano.com?

We'd like to do a remote check by teamviewer, which enables us to connect with your computer to see what's going on directly since we open your project on our side the scene and the API key don't appear properly and we failed to find the root cause.

Do you mind installing teamviewer? Besides, we are in UTC:+8:00 and our working hour is from 9:30~ 18:30, considering of the time different, please let me know when you are available.

Best Regards,

Marzo